Author Topic: Integration with Spotify  (Read 49757 times)

gpzbc

bitseq

Sorry to comment on an old thread.

I have been using musicbee for a year now and my most used feature is the Playing Track feature, its awsome, I use it with discogs and it works great, however when it comes to other sites like Bandcamp and Spotify Web Player the pages dont load and reports that my browser is not supported.

Any ideas on how this could be fixed, or if this part of musicbee will be updated?

Cheers

carlosbee

Frankly the Spotify player is very limited if compared to MusicBee's Playlist. But I might not always want to download the music I can get streamed from Spotify (yes I am willing to pay for premium music service). So there is real value for either MusicBee to get integrated with Spotify or they look into acquiring MusicBee :-). Functionality would allow us to:
1. Use MusicBee's Listing, Rating, Searching, AutoDJ, tagging, etc... over not only my downloaded base of music but also Spotify's database.
2. Export our MusicBee playlists back to spotify (for playing in the car for example).

If the cost for the developer to get premium service is the only hassle can't Musicbee users interested in this feature contribute for a few months of premium service so that the feature gets implemented?

Steven

• Administrator
If the cost for the developer to get premium service is the only hassle can't Musicbee users interested in this feature contribute for a few months of premium service so that the feature gets implemented?
i can afford the cost - its more the principal of them getting developers to pay to enhance the usefulness and reach of their product that i object to.
Also while there has been some interest expressed for this functionality, its not enough to justify the considerable effort that would be involved.

carlosbee

Thank you for the attention Steven. I believe it makes more sense for me to take a second look at the MB and Spotify API guides and see what can be done there directly.

Looking at the limitations of the players in the paid music services does have me wondering how come MB has not been an acquisition target yet :-).

Best regards and great holidays for you.

vern.zimm

Zombie thread back from the dead, look out y'all.

I was doing some research on this issue and chanced across one of several open-source spotify clients... namely despotify. Legal concerns aside for the moment, would it be possible to use their source code to easily integrate some form of spotify within MB?

despotify.sourceforge.net/

Steven, if it would make any difference I would buy you a subscription for the testing and implementation :)

naroslife

I'm really missing this too. Spotify's player is VERY, VERY lacking. It would be a massive improvement to combine the robustness of MusicBee with the convenience of Spotify. Also willing to pay for it.