Author Topic: Sync Playlist Folder to iPod  (Read 2729 times)

fly_tyron

Would appreciate if anyone else has found a solution to doing this, as I had no luck.

What I'm looking to do is to maintain the hierarchical structure of my playlists that I've created when syncing to my Ipod Classic 160 GB. For example, I created a Playlist Folder for genre and then within the folder various playlists of each genre.

When syncing my iPod through iTunes, it maintained that hierarchy so that if I wanted to scroll through my playlists, I would only see the parent folder and could click on that to get down to the individual playlists.

With MusicBee, I can't figure out how to get that...in my playlist node, it seems like you can "nest" a playlist or playlists within a playlist...however, after I auto-sync, what showed up on the ipod was basically a flat listing of all the playlists.

Just curious if anyone else sets up their iPod that way and if you've figured out how to get MusicBee to sync that way? Or is there a better way I'm not thinking of? Is there a script that allows MusicBee to mimic the "playlist folder" structure. Thanks in advance, or feel free to point me to other threads that explain the process.

fly_tyron

It's been over two years since I've posted this question. Is there a possibility that this feature will be implemented in the near future?

Thanks in advance...

phred

• Global Moderator
It's been over two years since I've posted this question. Is there a possibility that this feature will be implemented in the near future?
Probably not since (as I mentioned in your other thread) syncing to iDevices is not supported.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here