Author Topic: AirPlay plugin  (Read 66969 times)

renius28

Version 5.5 of this plugin seems to work great with my GGMM airplay receiver. Looks like I can bypass my virtual audio cable and tuneblade for now.

blueriver

After hard drive failure I am wanting to install Musicbee on new computer.  I want to be sure that the version installed will allow airplay plugin to work as I understand the plugin doesn't work with all versions of Musicbee. Appreciate help with this. Thanks.

Apeth74

I posted in the support but wanted to here too and see if anyone can help..

Hi there! Im trying to install the airplay plugin for musicbee and followed the instructions on the plugin to move a dll to the plugins folder in musicbee directory which i did. But when i go into musicbee and go into preferences>plugins and click "Add plugin" and navigate to the plugins directory to load the dll i placed there it doesnt show up as a choice. The only thing i see there is the "theatremode" plugin dll.

Any ideas why?

Thanks!

Chris

Apeth74

So upon further testing seems music bee will not see a plugin without an "mb_" before it. Once i add that part it shows up but still doesnt work.

I have however managed to use the upnp / dlna plugin which seems to work well so far as long as i dont click the "constant stream..." option at the top of the config window and keep that option off. No gapless playback but thats fine with me.

Now if i can only find a way to add a "output to" button somewhere ill be golden!

emilles

Im trying to install the airplay plugin for musicbee and followed the instructions on the plugin to move a dll to the plugins folder in musicbee directory which i did. But when i go into musicbee and go into preferences>plugins and click "Add plugin" and navigate to the plugins directory to load the dll i placed there it doesnt show up as a choice.

This plug-in is not a MusicBee plug-in; it is a Winamp plug-in.  You cannot add it using Preferences > Plugins > Add plugin.  Changing the filename won't help make it work.  If you have copied "out_apx.dll" to the MusicBee plugins folder, you should see this plug-in under Preferences > Player > Output when you restart the player.