Author Topic: Ratings "compatibility" mode  (Read 2911 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
At the risk of flogging a dead horse:

I'd like to see an option to be able to switch between a MediaMonkey and WMP compatible ratings system (as currently used) and a MusicBee ratings that followed the ID3 standard of 0 being unknown/unrated and 1 being the 'bomb' lowest rating.

MM uses 'no@email' in it's tag, WMP uses 'Windows Media Player', and MB uses 'MusicBee', so by using these tags, a compatible read of all the different POPM ratings is possible. But when writing the values, I'd like the choice of a compatible or a correct rating system.

I know this is currently done the way it is for compatibility with other players that are using MM/WMP rating schemes, but by the time I have sorted my tracks, tagged them correctly, rated them, sorted them in playlists and put them in my portable media player - all with MusicBee - I don't really care if that portable player can see my ratings correctly or not, or if someone else can see those ratings in their player.  I'm not using those other systems, I'm using MusicBee.
Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 12:14:36 AM by Bee-liever
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

redwing

Every tag has to be correct with you, isn't it ? Maybe what you need is Display Ratings field that always shows "correct" values to you whatever their real values are  :D

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
Hey! It's not my fault that someone set up an ID3 standard
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together