Author Topic: Ability to move across drive letters  (Read 3011 times)

worldcoast

I've got a large network store on my Z drive which is where I store all of my music, but I store my downloads to my D drive which is local.

It'd be nice to be able to consolodate all locations to one and filter duplicates.

donjulien

+1
I store new music on a folder on my desktop (c:) which goes to MusicBee's Inbox. I clean up the tags and then would like the clean files to go to the "My Music" foler on d:, and stay in the library (out of Inbox).

BTW, great work! Media Monkey and J River are almost completely out of my system.

phred

• Global Moderator
In the COMPUTER section of the left-side panel select the source drive\folder.  In the main panel highlight the files to be moved - either by CONTROL-CLICKing individual files, or clicking on the top file and then SHIFT-CLICKing on the bottom file.  (Regular Windows convention here.)  Then left-click drag the files to the new drive\folder.  That should move them.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

donjulien

Phred:

Hey! It works! Thank you.

Still, I don't get the limitation of "do not reorganize across drives". Good to know there is a way around it (within MB, that is)

Steven

• Administrator
in the next update you can drag the files from the inbox across disks now as well