Author Topic: Ability to move across drive letters  (Read 2240 times)

worldcoast

I've got a large network store on my Z drive which is where I store all of my music, but I store my downloads to my D drive which is local.

It'd be nice to be able to consolodate all locations to one and filter duplicates.

donjulien

+1
I store new music on a folder on my desktop (c:) which goes to MusicBee's Inbox. I clean up the tags and then would like the clean files to go to the "My Music" foler on d:, and stay in the library (out of Inbox).

BTW, great work! Media Monkey and J River are almost completely out of my system.

phred

• Global Moderator
In the COMPUTER section of the left-side panel select the source drive\folder.  In the main panel highlight the files to be moved - either by CONTROL-CLICKing individual files, or clicking on the top file and then SHIFT-CLICKing on the bottom file.  (Regular Windows convention here.)  Then left-click drag the files to the new drive\folder.  That should move them.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.4 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
Check out the MusicBee Wiki.
How to post screenshots is here.

donjulien

Phred:

Hey! It works! Thank you.

Still, I don't get the limitation of "do not reorganize across drives". Good to know there is a way around it (within MB, that is)

Steven

• Administrator
in the next update you can drag the files from the inbox across disks now as well