Author Topic: Access to next track album cover in theater mode  (Read 7144 times)

Gurk

As a suggestion I received from this post: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=8563.0

I'm writing here to see the possibility of having access to the album cover of the next tracks that are going to be played in theater mode.
My intention is that the cover seen at the right panel to be actually of the next track. Don't know if this is possible right now as I'm not very familiar yet with the edit possibilities of the xml files.

Thank you very much.

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator
this is done for the next 2.1 update which i will post later today.
To implement just put which track the album cover is for in the id attribute

<element type="AlbumCover" id="Tracks[1]" x="0" y="53" width="80" height="80" brightness="1.0" ></element>
<element type="AlbumCover" id="Tracks[2]" x="0" y="143" width="80" height="80" brightness="1.0" ></element>

one thing to keep in mind is if you positioning elements relative to the main AlbumCover and using the default skin, you should name the main album cover element to avoid naming conflicts
<element name="#AlbumCover" type="AlbumCover" ...
and reference #AlbumCover for the fields that are positioned relative to the album cover
<element type="Field" id="Artist" xAnchor="#AlbumCover.Right" x="30" ...

Iasc

i have been trying to use this in a theater mode but it doesn't seem to work properly. it either displays the album cover of the currently playing track or occasionally an album cover  of a track that is not in the list of upcoming tracks (6 tracks in this particular theater mode). maybe im not using it correctly.

Steven

• Administrator