Author Topic: Why is the volume so low when I play music with MusicBee?  (Read 14019 times)

billydee

The volume is extremely low when I play music with the MusicBee player, but I play the same file with Windows Music Player, it's fine. Is there anyway to fix this?

billydee

redwing

If you post a screenshot of your settings for player (Edit> Preferences> Players), it would help for other forum users to identify your problems and give you advice.

Appie Thrasher

Hi all...

I have the same question, I noticed when I open my mp3 files in audacity the volume is harder (better I think) than in MusicBee.
I have all my mp3 normalized using mp3gain (album gain 89)

Would anyone willing and able to help me out?

TIA

No clue how to post a screenshot here?

Steven

• Administrator
perhaps you are comparing where MB has replay gain enabled and the other application doesnt have that function.
To disable replay gain, main menu/ Controls/ Replay Gain Off

Appie Thrasher

Steven,

Thanks for trying to help me out here..

I played around a bit with the settings you mentioned but that doesn't chance my volume.
Perhaps would it be a solution to let MB normalize all my mp3 files, in mp3gain I can redo the chances on the files and let MB do it.

But can MB do this?  guess I have to dig my self into the manual for that :)

Going to try this...

Appie

Steven

• Administrator
there isnt any difference in volume that MB applies compared to other applications - it will be some setting you are using that you are not applying the equivalent for the other application.
Perhaps you have an equaliser or dsp applied. I have found using ASIO output can sound louder.

Appie Thrasher

there isnt any difference in volume that MB applies compared to other applications - it will be some setting you are using that you are not applying the equivalent for the other application.
Perhaps you have an equaliser or dsp applied. I have found using ASIO output can sound louder.

Steven thanks for that answer I was wondering If MB dit use some other volume settings than other application's so now I know it isn't. Going ahead with my search what's causing this.

Appie Thrasher

My problem is solved..... ;D

I really don't know what the problem was, but at last I reinstalled my complete windows 8 system, and installed everything again from fresh start and all is oke now...

All programs used have the same volume now..

Steven Thanks again for trying to help out..

Appie

Barthello

I came here looking for an answer to this same problem. For me the problem occured when I used my laptop mic to Skype. After not finding the answer here I just fiddled with the preferences myself.

The solution: You have to choose your speakers as output sound device (realtek hd audio in my case) and not primary audio device. That solved the problem for me.

Hope this helps for anyone experiencing this problem in the future.