Author Topic: global hotkeys when minimized to tray  (Read 23694 times)

acxl

I've found the "failure":
It's the Intellitype Software. Without, all hotkeys are working with MB perfectly, it doesn't matter if the window is focused or not.

Well, without Intellitype, the half of the extra hotkeys of the keyboard doesn't work...   :-[

Maybe it's possible to add a support with IntelliType in a future MB version?! ;)

Crosmanrond

Out of curiosity, do you have the "HID Input Service" somehow disabled?

oblivinated

I have the exact same problems, and I can confirm that if I kill itype.exe it works. But without itype.exe the other keys macro/multimedia keys on the keyboard doesn't work. I wonder if there is a fix for this, similar to the fix for iTunes.

What exactly is the weird relationship here? Is itype.exe "intercepting" the command for play/pause?

Steven

• Administrator
i cant help much with this but i did make a change in the very latest beta (1.2.4145) that fixed a strange problem with keyboard handling for someone else so its possible its related.

oblivinated

Sorry, not fixed! There's that similar dll plugin for iTunes (mmKeys) that solves the problem. I wonder what the magic is?
Or, a really easy fix would be to allow commands in the shortcut path of MusicBee. For example, -playpause, -nexttrack, -previoustrack, etc which then could be set as shortcuts for the keys on the keyboard.

This may be a sidenote, but the Beta start-up time is much faster!
Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 03:38:55 PM by oblivinated

Steven

• Administrator
if you are refering to command line parameters, then musicbee already has support for that (there is a topic if you do a forum search)
/Play "xxxx"
/QueueNext "xxxx"
/QueueLast "xxxx"
/Stop
/StopAfterCurrent
/PlayLibraryShuffled
/PlayPause
/PlayNextTrack
/PlayPreviousTrack
/StartAutoDj
/ClearNowPlaying
/VolumeDown
/VolumeUp

oblivinated

/PlayPause is working but /PlayNextTrack and /PlayPreviousTrack don't seem to be ><

Steven

• Administrator