Author Topic: Can we have something like SenseMe for the next update?  (Read 6291 times)

lnminente

I use different smart playlists based in BPM, language and rating
For analyzing the bpm of all my tracks i used Mixmeister BPM analyzer

Concentration, memory: 2 stars, bpm 110-122
Pump up: my mother language, good rating
Relax: 2 stars, BPM 70-75 or 140-150, not trance genre
Workout: BPM 146-150, not my mother language, high rating

Hope it helps in something ;)

Blinghound

Inminente, did you find Mixmeister to be accurate on every song? I've tried a few BPM analyzers, and couldn't find one that was accurate enough (songs would be tagged with double, or half the actual BPM).

lnminente

Yep, i have noticed it doubles the bpm with some songs, some slow songs could appear in the workout smartplaylist but most of the time works very well

kingB

Inminente, did you find Mixmeister to be accurate on every song? I've tried a few BPM analyzers, and couldn't find one that was accurate enough (songs would be tagged with double, or half the actual BPM).
How do i use it with MusicBee?

Iasc

How do i use it with MusicBee?

dont think you can, it is used on its own.

lnminente

MB has send to an external app, anyway i haven't tried it for multiple files. It's easier using drag & drop. Enable the BPM column, sort by that field, and drag all the songs with the BPM tag empty to Mixmeister.

Take care of not being playing a song while is being edited by other software as MB locks them while playing so other programs cant update them.

SimonBRT

Does anyone use Google Play Music on android?  I have recently started using it and it auto-creates playlists for you based on a seed song that it then matches to similar songs in your library.  Is this similar to SenseMe?  (I have no idea how it works!?)  If so,  +1 this request.  The results that Play music gets are really quite impressive and something like this would be a fantastic addition to MB.

kingB

Does anyone use Google Play Music on android?  I have recently started using it and it auto-creates playlists for you based on a seed song that it then matches to similar songs in your library.  Is this similar to SenseMe?  (I have no idea how it works!?)  If so,  +1 this request.  The results that Play music gets are really quite impressive and something like this would be a fantastic addition to MB.
Thats a nice idea too!!
What happens in SenseMe is, whenever a song is added to the library, it arranges it in pre-fefined playlists based on moods like - NNight, Daytime, Upbeat, Dance, Relax etc.

kingB

Yep, i have noticed it doubles the bpm with some songs, some slow songs could appear in the workout smartplaylist but most of the time works very well
hi there,
i used mixmeister to tag the songs.. but the bpm isnt showing up in musicbee.
whats the prob?

lnminente

The songs has to be in a monitored folder. Check preferences\library\monitored folders. I have set it to continuosly monitor folders
Also you can do it manually pressing Insert key to reescan your files
By other side when editing files with external software keep in mind MB checks for files whose modified date are updated/changed

kingB

The songs has to be in a monitored folder. Check preferences\library\monitored folders. I have set it to continuosly monitor folders
Also you can do it manually pressing Insert key to reescan your files
By other side when editing files with external software keep in mind MB checks for files whose modified date are updated/changed
thanks i'll try that