Author Topic: Wiki pages  (Read 138703 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I don't know about google, but the old online help can still be reached from within MB by clicking on Table of Contents.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm testing out a new background on the wiki.  Feedback welcome.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Do you mean the ads that were taking up the whole background?  I haven't seen them recently, thank goodness (I think wikia may have gotten some backlash for that).  The usual banner ads are there.  I think I'll add a guide to the front page on how to get rid of those if you're logged in.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
i really like the new background - makes it look much better

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
A little belated, but thanks, Steven.  :)

Is anyone attached to the "Read More" section at the bottom of the wiki pages?  I'm going to request to have it removed because I'm creating our own navigation aids (see here for the Layout box I just created: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/The_Anatomy_of_MusicBee#Tabs) and it takes up a lot of room between the article and the comments, which I think is especially problematic if someone is browsing from within MusicBee.

Wikia always asks for a "community discussion" on these things, so I want to make sure no one's going to mind the change.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

redwing

That sounds good.

Just noticed two things while browsing Help page from MB.

- the three navigation, refresh icons next to home button need to be replaced with clean ones.
- the content of home page (Table of Contents) look old. How about just directing to wiki homepage?

<added>

Maybe better directing to Table of Contents of pdf version, if that's stored on the wiki?
Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 04:05:58 PM by redwing

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
That sounds good.

Just noticed two things while browsing Help page from MB.

- the three navigation, refresh icons next to home button need to be replaced with clean ones.
- the content of home page (Table of Contents) look old. How about just directing to wiki homepage?

It's redirecting to the wiki for me, and the table of content links go to the wiki.  Steven said there was some reason he needed to leave the ToC page, though.  I agree the navigation buttons look ugly on anything but a white background.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

redwing

If I click on home button, it takes me to the ToC page with a few links on a blank background. That doesn't look good and won't be much helpful. Just a suggestion.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If I click on home button, it takes me to the ToC page with a few links on a blank background. That doesn't look good and won't be much helpful. Just a suggestion.

Steven will have to address that one, sorry.  :)
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

redwing

Yeah I was talking to Steven about that one :)

BTW as I added above, using pdf version might be better than directing to wiki page directly, on the condition that the pdf is up-to-date and stored on the wiki.

Steven

• Administrator
is there a concise Table of Contents page to link to?
I can still change it for the v2.2 release

boroda

I think current wiki "landing page" could be used as the root of MB help for 2.2

Steven

• Administrator
there is almost no point to having a controlled help browser any more. I might just change it to open the landing page in the user's default browser

Steven

• Administrator
i have updated it to only open the wiki landing page in the user's default browser. I would appreciate if someone could have a play by opening the help screen from a few dialog windows, although there are quite a lot still not directly mapped to a wiki page

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip