Author Topic: Wiki pages  (Read 139108 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I didn't like the way the two columns were forced to expand at the same time, so I fixed that part.  Made some progress on integrating your menu ideas, but it's not done yet.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

AvikB

I didn't like the way the two columns were forced to expand at the same time, so I fixed that part.  Made some progress on integrating your menu ideas, but it's not done yet.

Nice, it seems breaking them in two columns fix that issue :)
btw, does wikia allow custom css for styling?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Nice, it seems breaking them in two columns fix that issue :)
btw, does wikia allow custom css for styling?

They're tables within a table, so instead of giving each one its own cell I made it one cell for each column.

CSS controls just about everything in Wikia.  It's not my strong suit, though, so I'm hoping someone else can help with that aspect.  endeavour1934 did our site-wide CSS a while back, which was a huge improvement.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

AvikB

CSS controls just about everything in Wikia.  It's not my strong suit, though, so I'm hoping someone else can help with that aspect.  endeavour1934 did our site-wide CSS a while back, which was a huge improvement.

I can help you with the css styling. once i am done with the site, i will lend a hand to give it a new look. :)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I can help you with the css styling. once i am done with the site, i will lend a hand to give it a new look. :)

That will be most welcome. :)  Just let me know when and I can point you where you need to go.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

redwing

What is this about? Are you gonna change the look of the wiki site endeavour1934 has done?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
What is this about? Are you gonna change the look of the wiki site endeavour1934 has done?

I wasn't planning on it.  But there are plenty of tables and other things that need better formatting.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

redwing

I see. That would definitely make it more useful.

endeavour1934

I wasn't planning on it.  But there are plenty of tables and other things that need better formatting.
They do need better formatting. Somewhere along the way Wikia changed their CSS files and now the layout is slightly broken.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
After a hiatus to resolve computer problems, I have finally finished the Playlists page: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Playlists
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
thats really good information for new users

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Thanks!  Definitely my hope.  :)

I finished up another page that had been almost done for a long time: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Tagging

I'll clean up the pages on the sidebar elements next (I've lumped them into "Navigation Elements" and "Track Elements"), but that shouldn't take too long; most of the content is already there.  And I know some of the preferences and panel configuration options have changed even since I updated them, but I'll wait for 3.0 official release to make further changes on those.

Does anyone have an opinion on my next priority?  Some of the doozies that I've hardly touched yet are:

Album Art & Artist Photos
Auto-Tagging
File Organization
Compact Player/Now Playing node
Music Explorer
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Pingaware

File Organisation! I know a lot of the really pertinent info is already there on various pages, but I feel it has the most potential stuff to unlock for new users.

Also, totally unrelated, I haven't forgotten that I promised you that guide on Google Music psychoadept!
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
File Organisation! I know a lot of the really pertinent info is already there on various pages, but I feel it has the most potential stuff to unlock for new users.

Also, totally unrelated, I haven't forgotten that I promised you that guide on Google Music psychoadept!

Thanks!  I think I figured out the basics, but I'd still love to see how you do it.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

alec.tron

Thanks!  Definitely my hope.  :)
Noice work, thanks!

My vote for these would be for one of these 3:
Auto-Tagging
File Organization
Music Explorer

Cheers.
c.