Author Topic: "Replace file" feature  (Read 34468 times)

redwing

this has the fix:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_1/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

Just tested with two different file formats, and it worked perfectly. And got no error messages at all. Thanks a lot!

The only remaining issue is the grayed out "Folder (Replace)" menu. Not a big deal, but don't get why it's grayed out for any tracks in music library unlike inbox tracks.

Steven

• Administrator
i have changed it so it doesnt do that for auto-organised library files

redwing

i have changed it so it doesnt do that for auto-organised library files

Yep, it's now working perfectly. Thank you again!

beeing good

redwing

After testing this feature for a while, I think it would be better to leave the source file undeleted after execution. Users might want to keep those source files elsewhere after using them for updating their existing tracks even though it's possible to restore them from Recycle Bin, and many won't appreciate MB deleting their hard-earned music files.

lnminente

What about this idea?
Shift+Ctrl+C Destination file will have this audio stream
Shift+Ctrl+X Destination file will have this audio stream, and this file will be deleted
Shift+Ctrl+V This file will have the same tags adapted to the new format and the audio stream will be updated

redwing

What about this idea?
Shift+Ctrl+C Destination file will have this audio stream
Shift+Ctrl+X Destination file will have this audio stream, and this file will be deleted
Shift+Ctrl+V This file will have the same tags adapted to the new format and the audio stream will be updated

Great idea! That would be very convenient without the second one that will only confuse things.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
This is supposed to carry over all tags and playlist placements, right?

I'm getting some tags replaced but others brought in from the new files, including comments and artwork.  Hidden tags like MusicBrainz IDs are not carrying over from the old file and the old files turn into blank playlist entries, while the new files aren't in the playlist. (The last may be related to my lost files problem?) Actually, since the tags that appear to be correct are the major ones that the new file may have already, I don't know whether any of the old ones are being preserved.
Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 09:26:05 AM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I don't know how you arranged it so that MB seems to know what folder to look in for the file you want to use to replace another one, but that's pretty amazing.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

tom_dl

I don't know how you arranged it so that MB seems to know what folder to look in for the file you want to use to replace another one, but that's pretty amazing.

Strange you should say that - I feel the complete opposite right now. Just been replacing an album, and when I first goto replace, MB guessed wrong. It then guessed wrong for every other track, rather than sticking on the folder I picked from for the previous track.

@Steven: Could MB please stick to the previous folder, at least for a few minutes? Otherwise the process takes much longer when MB guesses wrong. Thanks

redwing

It would be greatly appreciated if multiple files can be replaced with this feature.

I've got more than a thousand files to replace, and doing that one by one seems quite daunting.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I think being able to do whole albums at once makes sense.  Any other version of multiple file replacement strikes me as making it way too easy for someone who doesn't quite know what they're doing to completely scramble their library.
Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 03:00:34 AM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

beeing good

I would welcome full albums. I have used this feature a few times and it is excellent but I would use it a lot more if it was capable of doing full albums.