Author Topic: Some suggestions for future features  (Read 3019 times)

Alainn

Hi Steven,

I've collected some suggestions/questions for future features:

==Playlist sorting by artist random==
There's an option to set this either ascending or descending but not for random. The reason I'd like to have this option instead of playing the playlist itself set to random is that in the latter there's a ''risk" of playing the same song multiple times (especially with shorter lists). Leaving the sort boxes empty still groups the tracks by artist name.

==Playlist sorting by file path==
Is it possible to sort files according to their original file path? I tried origin but that seems to be just a user field.

==Importing tracks==
I have most of my music already tagged with multiple genre tags (format genre a; genre b; genre c), but after adding these to the library the genre shown is the complete line instead. This is strange since the genre overview shows the different genres. Does MusicBee do a check on this during importing?

BTW, I love the fact that this tagging system also works on tracks by collaborating artists. This makes it possible to have last.fm-approved naming and a breakdown of the individual artists, especially with featured artists.

==Importing Last.fm tags for genre==
The function works great and I'm very happy with, but (you saw that coming) it would be nice to be able to exclude some tags beforehand. Tags like "seen live" or "My morning playlist" set my teeth on edge.

Steven

• Administrator
==Playlist sorting by artist random==
There's an option to set this either ascending or descending but not for random. The reason I'd like to have this option instead of playing the playlist itself set to random is that in the latter there's a ''risk" of playing the same song multiple times (especially with shorter lists). Leaving the sort boxes empty still groups the tracks by artist name.
In the List command on the bottom toolbar you can shuffle the track

==Playlist sorting by file path==
Is it possible to sort files according to their original file path? I tried origin but that seems to be just a user field.
Url should work

==Importing tracks==
I have most of my music already tagged with multiple genre tags (format genre a; genre b; genre c), but after adding these to the library the genre shown is the complete line instead. This is strange since the genre overview shows the different genres. Does MusicBee do a check on this during importing?
it recognises the multiple genres for searching, filtering etc - but i made a change so that only the first one displays in the main panel as other people didnt like it showing genre1; genre2; etc. However perhaps its still setting the display genre like this when doing the initial import.

==Importing Last.fm tags for genre==
The function works great and I'm very happy with, but (you saw that coming) it would be nice to be able to exclude some tags beforehand. Tags like "seen live" or "My morning playlist" set my teeth on edge.
you can already set genre exclusions in the Auto-Tagging preferences

Alainn

Ow, snap. I should have explored deeper into MusicBee's options I guess.