Author Topic: Scheduler/Alarm Clock  (Read 2916 times)

gjriehl

It would be awesome to have something that's similar to foobar's foo_scheduler component. Yes I know that you can set an alarm clock using Task Scheduler but it would be 1. Easier to have something like foo_scheduler to set up. Also, it would be easier to change and turn off the alarm clock if you don't need to be up the next day at that time. 3. foo_scheduler also lets you change the players volume a couple minutes before the alarm goes off. I would always turn the volume down a little bit before the alarm went off so that my computer doesn't start blaring after I've fallen asleep watching something in XBMC.

I feel like this would greatly benefit many people. I don't know if you can reverse engineer from foo_scheduler to come up with something that would work for MusicBee but that would be amazing. Best music player I've ever used....just needs one last thing to be complete :)

Iasc

in case you forgot the answer the last time you asked for this here is the thread http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=4987.0

gjriehl

Seeing as that was well over a year ago I thought things might have changed.
And I explained my reasons as to why I would like something built into MusicBee in the first place instead of having to use a 3rd party piece of software or use Window's Task Scheduler. Those solutions aren't as easy and are only a patch to the existing problem. It seems that many people here would like an Alarm Clock. I don't have any kind of coding skill though so unfortunately I can't code a plugin to do so.

How is using command line prompts more efficient than having a built in functionality or at least a plugin to provide the functionality within the program?