Author Topic: Music Bee not scanning library properly??  (Read 23104 times)

Butterpaws

I am currently trying to update the Music Bee library. All my music is stored on an external hd and mounted under M:\Music\.
For some reason Music Bee is not updating anything as if the library path is pointing to a different directory. When I run a Force scan by hitting insert, selecting my music path M:\Music. I still receive the status of File rescan / add completed - no new files found.

Any help?

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
Post a screen shot of the rescan box that pops up when you hit insert. Try ticking 'rescan files already in the library' and 'add to inbox' for destination. And make sure M:\Music is ticked in there
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

ma_t14

When I run a Force scan by hitting insert, selecting my music path M:\Music. I still receive the status of File rescan / add completed - no new files found.

Maybe because the files are in the Inbox?

Butterpaws

Rescan

Inbox After Rescan

Library after Rescan

Note i have about 6,700 songs, in M:\Music

redwing

1. If you right-click a music folder through computer node of left navigator and select "Rescan files," what happens?

2. Tick "re-scan files already in the library" in rescan dialog and click on Proceed. Does it make any differences?

3. Your settings file might have been corrupted.

(1) Go to main menu> Help> Support> View Setting file
(2) Locate the settings file and change its file extension from "ini" to "old"
(3) Restart MB while pressing shift key
(4) Select your library folder and see if resetting makes any differences
(5) You can always go back to your previous settings by changing the extension back.

Derek

Same issue for me.  I rectified by mucking around with the library settings under preferences.  Had it all sorted, but now today it is playing up.  I rip a cd, and it will not copy into the library.  The 'only' ticker box I changed was not to have the ripped cd find it's own art work.  At the same time, it has doubled or tripled some music in my library of previously ripped music despite having the send duplicates to inbox option turned on.  These issues for me come and go.

Great software, but there are some annoying bugs that I really hope will be sorted out.

gremlin

Same problem here, I have to manually drag the music in it to add it to the system, can't make it come up by itself. Has anyone figured out what the issue is here? Really frustrating

Hitting INS to do a rescan results in no files added despite the fact that I just copied a bunch of new music in.
Right Click on a folder the closest I can find is Send To->File Rescan that does nothing

I have monitored folders checked to "Continuously Monitor" But the files are not added.

The drive in question is a regular drive on the machine, not a network share, and not an external unit

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If you use the Computer folder browser (within MusicBee), and right click on one of the files that you can't find in the library, does it have Send To > Music Library grayed out, or can you use that command?  If you can't, then it's in the library but not showing up (maybe due to tags?).  If you can, then we can investigate further.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
In that case the files ARE in your library, we just have to figure out why you're not seeing them.  I suggest searching the library with "local node only" and including the file path in the search criteria.  If that doesn't help, maybe give us a screenshot of what you're doing and what the result is.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

gremlin

Okay I'm not sure what you want me to do here. If I drag and drop the folder onto the list I'll see the files in the library if I don't then they don't show up in the library, I'm not entirely certain what to do differently. Searching for the album won't find it, nor looking through the artists.

As soon as I take the folder and specifically drag and drop it then it shows up.

If you can give me steps on what screens you want to see I'm happy to screen shot them for you

Steven

• Administrator
try using the latest patch version:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip

unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

also check the error log for errors around the time you perform the scan

gremlin

Okay did that, weirdly the continous monitoring found files removed, but not files added according to the log. At the moment I've finished updating the library on this machine. I'll try and grab some new stuff to put on it tomorrow.

gremlin

Okay so I just dropped in a new folder under the monitored folders, and it has once again not shown up, no reference to it in the log. (Help->Support->View Error Log), again drag and drop worked and they show right up.