Author Topic: Syncing music files into a format that an iPod can read  (Read 4027 times)

tbarr0

Since I've had MB, I've had to use an alternate music player for syncing my iPod. Having this fixed in a future update would be amazing! Since I'm bringing this up, does anyone know how I can make MB sync into the correct format?

phred

• Global Moderator
What generation iPod are you using?

Use the forum search feature and look for "ipod."  
The iPod library that Steven uses for MusicBee / iPod interaction isn't being developed any longer.  iPods with 4th Generation (and possibly 5th) still work fine with MB, but versions later than that will have issues.

EDIT:
After re-reading your post, I wonder if the problem is the "format" or the iPod's firmware.  The iPod can certainly read MP3s, so I wonder what format you're using.  With your iPod connected, launch MB and go to Edit \ Preferences \ Devices.  There you can set "on-the-fly conversion" to MP3, or some other formats, which can be read by the iPod.

Let us know how you make out.
Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 07:10:49 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
Yes, if it's a format issue ie your library files are FLAC then you can set files to be sent to the iPod to convert upon syncing
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here