Author Topic: Additional Artwork Organised  (Read 3654 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Happy New Year! Time to make a wish ;D

I'd like that artwork storage path entered here:

was editable here:

so that MB could be pointed to my linked pictures and be remembered across different installations, just as the "artist pictures location" can currently be set.

Would save me hours, re-linking extra artwork on different installations of MB.
Yes, I know I could embed the pics to solve this, but I don't want to bloat each file with repetitions of large album artwork.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Bee-liever

Pick a Response
yes / no / still thinking / not at this time / don't rush me! / @#$% off! / wait your turn / get a life! / as if

;D

Steven

• Administrator
can you explain why you wouldnt just set up a common artwork folder and link to the original picture file?
editing the auto-organise path in my mind defeats the purpose of "auto-organising" the artwork. Also as it stands if you edited any of the tags that affect the organised filename for the picture, then it will get renamed anyway

Bee-liever

I do use a common artwork folder, organised as My Music\Cover Art\$Group(<Album Artist>,3)\$Sort(<Album Artist>)\$Sort(<Album>)\<Album>_Cover.jpg, which works fine for the album cover.

I then put any other artwork scans in to the created folder, naming them appropriately eg Cover_back, booklet1, CD1, etc.
I can then go into Editing and manually "link to the original picture file", save, and all works well for Artwork rotation.

My hi-resolution Artist pics are organised similarly, My Music\Artist Pics\

But, I go to another install of MB (eg, my sister's laptop), and do a sync update of her files from mine. The the Album Cover and Artist pics show up on hers automatically, as I can set the file paths for "album cover storage:" & "artist pictures location:", however, I have to manually link all the extra artwork to the albums again via the edit screen.

What I'm wishing for is some way for MB to remember those organised links to extra artwork, across different installations of MB, just as it does with the Cover and Artist Pics.
Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 02:47:42 AM by Bee-liever

Bee-liever

I have to manually link all the extra artwork to the albums again via the edit screen.

A simple 4-page booklet will need 8 images linked to the file, so you can see it easily adds up to a lot of time spent re-linking the artwork.