Author Topic: Mobile web plugin  (Read 65751 times)

kogash

Hi everyone!

I will have a party @home for new years eve and I want my guests to add songs to the play list with their smartphones, download to their phones the songs that they like and see what is coming next... I've not been able to find any plugin like that so.. I've arranged one.

It's 100% alpha but it's skinable and modable.

To install just as usual copy the assembly and the wwwskin folder to plugins folder, configurationwise you can only change port, but if you take a look to the html you will realize that you can change pretty much.

To-do:

* bug fix
* add an admin mode so someone can delete / skip boring songs , change volume... meanwhile i will do it with the android remote!

I'm open to suggestions and i wish someone finds it usefull, but, (disclaimer) I offer the standard "no warranty", you are installing a binary on your system so it can delete things, mess up your pc / belongings / kill your dog.. etc  ;) USE IT UNDER YOUR SOLE RESPONSABILITY

ChangeLog

Version 0.3.3b
  • Wrong dll on 0.3.3 (stupid me... thanks V4lve)

Version 0.3.3
  • Fixes on download & lyrics on playlist
  • Fixes on search interface

Version 0.3.2
  • New interface on now playing. I need sombody with an iPhone to test it, and someone with a small screen phone

Version 0.3.1

• Change ajax request to post to try to avoid some complains about media controls not working
  • Added a refresh to panels after changing rating update to force musicbee interface to show new rating

Version 0.3.0

• Added media controls (Play, pause, stop, next, previous, there are Fast Forward and Fast Backward on the web server but not implemented on the skin, if someone wants to use them the commands are called C_FF and C_FB
  • Added rating controls

Version 0.2.2

• Added dutch locale (thanks to Silasje1)

Version 0.2.1

• Added english locale
  • Fully localized

Version 0.2.0

• Localizable! (now you can make your own localitzations of the texts, help needed!)
  • Touch compatible using jquery mobile
  • Lots of bugfixes
  • (new bugs added for sure!)

Version 0.1.1

• Massive theme update, using jquery mobile, now it's visually better

DOWNLOAD

--------->> mb_WWWserver 0.3.3b <<--------

Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 04:46:05 PM by kogash

kogash

Updated with version 0.2.2

mb_WWWserver 0.2.2
Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 03:57:05 PM by kogash

bsgb

This is great! I would love the option to control and rate and stuff because there is no MusicBee remote app for my Windows Phone, but this would do fine.

Blinghound

Awesome! Really love the idea. Edit: Just seen there is an English version already.

kogash

This is great! I would love the option to control and rate and stuff because there is no MusicBee remote app for my Windows Phone, but this would do fine.

I wanted first to make a good "party" app for tomorrow. My idea is to make this a full featured web interface for musicbee having rating, search, music controls... etc, But one step at a time!

I will not be able to modify it further until at least 2nd january or later so,have a happy new year and if you would like to see a feature ask for it, if steve's api's let me do it i will :D

bsgb

Thanks man, this makes me a happy man. I wasn't confident a Windows Phone remote control app would ever show up, but a web interface is even better.

Have a nice night tonight!

V4lve

This looks really good.  How do I change the language?

Roadrunner

This looks really good.  How do I change the language?
MB Preferences menu -> Plugins -> web controls -> Language

kogash

Sorry for the default "Spanish" I will change it in new versions to default to English.

Accudio

Could you possibly update the download as I'd really like to give this a shot, or at least say in the thread why there's no download.

kogash

?

There's download both on first and second post... version 0.2.2

kogash

Updated to version 0.3.0

Added media controls and rating

Noob

So how do I access my MusicBee via the smartphone? What address do I have to enter there in order to access this?

bsgb

Appreciate the media controls but there's still some bugs. Controls only work sporadically and ratings don't work at all. Could it be because I changed my keyboard shortcuts in musicbee? keep up the good work though.

kogash

Appreciate the media controls but there's still some bugs. Controls only work sporadically and ratings don't work at all. Could it be because I changed my keyboard shortcuts in musicbee? keep up the good work though.

Hi! i cannot reproduce the controls nor the rating issue... what device are you connecting from?

Let's see if i can guess why...

Rating and keybinds have nothing to do, I use api functions to change the ratings. Keep in mind that even if you change a rating you will not see it in musicbee interface until you change the current playing song (seems a bug with "now playing" interface in musicbee)