Author Topic: Skins on the wiki  (Read 145024 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Another thing which i think could be an improvement, and from my experience skinning is i think we are dark side or clear side guys. So a button to switching between both sides could be welcomed. But i'm not asking for it, if someone likes the idea just comment here

This is currently possible, although it's a little more complicated than just a button.  If you log into Wikia you can change your settings to show the Monobook skin, which is more like a standard Wikipedia look.  White background, blue links, etc.  There will be certain elements that look less polished because the sitewide CSS doesn't apply to Monobook.

I agree the theme needs to be fairly centralized.  I'm willing to hand over the reins to another interested party, though.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Lakrits

So there would have been skin boxes, on top of flat gray background, on top of wavy background that goes to the edges of the window.  Does that sound right?
Yes, that is about right. I used all my skill and my years of training in primary school
and created this picture. The background I'm referring to is the area in red.

Spikar'u'nte inglish? Föredrar du helt enkelt svenska?

Du hittar svenska språkfiler i den här tråden.
---
Non loqueris lingua Anglorum? Grammaticus fastuosus Oxbrigiae es?

In hoc filum documenta linguae Latinae nancisceris.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Okay, yeah.  That's what I changed.  I'll leave it with the current look.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

jistme

Hey scampbll,

I tried to put a more recent screenshot of my 'A Sophisticated Bee' on the wiki, but I only proved I'm not capable enough for that...
Maybe you can do it when you have some time? Thnx!

Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 08:51:51 PM by jistme

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Done!

Getting past the floating image pop-up is a little confusing.  The file itself is located at http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/File:A_Sophisticated_Bee.png, where there is a link for uploading a new version whenever you want.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

jistme

And I fail again.
I created an entry in the wiki for 'A Sophisticated Bee (at Night)', but again can't figure out how to add the screenshot.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
What happens when you click the link that says 400px?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

jistme

I get a screen saying:
Login required
Special page

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hmm.  I know you don't have to be an admin to upload photos, but I guess you do have to be logged in.  No worries, I can do it for you.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Done!  Along with other needed skin updates...
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

jpe123bee

Hi I am relatively new to Musicbee and the forums but I have created about 20 skins for myself and possibly might make a couple more. They are of a fairly simple design with plain borders and coloured content boxes because I am not a fan of full skin overhauls, in which the borders and menus etc are coloured in. I prefer that only the content areas (playlist column etc.) contain colour. Do other people like this sort of skin? If I were to release them to the community how would I add them to the wiki page? Also is it possible to add them as two zips or other such archive, one for my colourbeelight skin set and one for colourbeedark skin set or must they be uploaded as separate xml files?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'd say post them, for sure.  The more, the merrier!

There are instructions on the wiki page for what to do with them.  Zip files are fine, most people upload them to media fire or another file sharing site.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

jpe123bee

Ok, thank you :). I imagine I probably will release them, I'll probably create a hot pink one and a purple one for people who like that sort of colour and then make sure all the others are perfect as well.