Author Topic: Skins on the wiki  (Read 145052 times)

jistme

First of all, very nice initiative scampbll!
Second of all, very nice work scampbll!

And a small comment ;-)
I think it is currently not possible to have a view of the skins without them being re-sized? Even when zooming-in details and text will be downsized and a little fuzzy.
Maybe it would be nice to have zoom-in pixel perfect?
Sorry if I'm a little bit to 'anal' about this, but creating those skins sometimes requires this quality a little bit ;-)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Thanks!

I think it is currently not possible to have a view of the skins without them being re-sized? Even when zooming-in details and text will be downsized and a little fuzzy.

At the top of the pop-up image viewer, you should see a link next to the image name that says "See full size image."  Try that!
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

jistme

Thanks!

At the top of the pop-up image viewer, you should see a link next to the image name that says "See full size image."  Try that!

Ahum.
Bye, I was never here ;-)

redwing

Here are my categorization of skins (custom skins only). It's up to you how to sort on the wiki.
If authors have a different opinion after this is implemented, they can edit the wiki directly or leave a comment on this thread.

Light skins: SKBeeLite, Mondo! Bizu!, Candy Cane, Polar Bear Dreams, TouchLite (6 skins), Tundra Series (Aurora, Caribou Migration, Ice Floe, Summertime), MetroColours (light), Crimson Creme, Ebony & Ivory, Jistme the Bee, Jistme on the Outlook, A Sophisticated Bee, Tweakers.bee, King Penguin (King Penguin original, King Penguin toned down), Calcium, Dawn, Mondrian, A Brighter Bee, Mellow Blue, Clarity

Multi-Color skins: Wing-ated, WTF Skin

Dark skins: the rest

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Reorganized!  I decided the clearest way to call it is light text = dark skin, dark text = light skin, so I lumped the two outliers into the dark skins.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

redwing

Excellent work! Now it's much more useful and better than this board. Thanks for your effort!
Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 07:27:18 AM by redwing

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Thanks to you, too!  It's nice to have help.  :)
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Could I get a mod to sticky this, so people can find the Skin gallery for browsing and updating?  Thanks!
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

redwing

The wiki looks great. But it occurred to me that it would look even better if dark skins can be displayed on a light-color background. Many theater views, too. Would it be possible? If not, how about choosing another color for background except for white and black?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I originally had it in the same blue as other elements on the wiki, but that seemed too bright and distracting.  Why don't you find a color you like?

Just edit this page, changing the hex codes (or text name) for color and background-color, at the top.  If you find something you like, I can hard code in into the css for those boxes.

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Skinfobox

It is a quirk of Wikia that the CSS will not be refreshed until you make an edit, so on the Skins page you may have to make a small edit to see new color in effect.
Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 02:53:00 AM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Personally, I'd go with something more neutral.  Maybe a brown.  I find my eyes drawn to the background color rather than the skins.

You know, there's that nice gray-blue that shows up at the top of the edit screen.  That might blend in well.  Added: hex code is 313d55.
Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 03:28:09 AM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Lakrits

How does it look now?
That background is awful, it makes it next to impossible to focus on the actual content. That said, my disability makes these things worse than for the majority, but I would prefer a non-wavy and somewhat less loud background picture.

Lakrits
Spikar'u'nte inglish? Föredrar du helt enkelt svenska?

Du hittar svenska språkfiler i den här tråden.
---
Non loqueris lingua Anglorum? Grammaticus fastuosus Oxbrigiae es?

In hoc filum documenta linguae Latinae nancisceris.

redwing

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
@Lakrits: are you referring to the whole site background?

The brown is definitely better, although it's still pretty strong on... color.  Think lower saturation.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)