Author Topic: Skins on the wiki  (Read 145043 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
There is a gallery of all (hopefully) skins on the wiki, here: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Skins

Larger sets of skins, like Dark Variations, I've been creating a single entry for and linking to a gallery showing all colors.  (In fact, I've been linking all sets based on Dark Variations to the Dark Variations gallery, because I don't have the energy to make that many screencaps...)

Every skin name on the page can be used as an anchor link (it must be written exactly as shown on the page, replacing spaces with underscores). For instance, if you wanted to link to Mellow Blue:

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Skins#Mellow_Blue

Feedback and suggestions/requests are welcome!

---

I'd like to encourage authors to add your skins to the wiki at the same time you add them here.  There are some instructions (hopefully clear - let me know if not) at the bottom of the page:

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Skins#Adding_a_skin_to_this_page

Don't be concerned about making mistakes.  Almost any problem on a wiki can be fixed with just a few clicks.

You'll see that right now there are plenty of skins that still need to be added and a number that still need screenshots.  Anyone feel free to jump in on these!  Please and thank you.
Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 08:17:39 PM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
Nice job, scampbll.

I noticed a few jpgs aren't showing.  Specifically all of Greb's and the first three of Bee-liever's.  There may be a few others, but that's what I noticed right off the bat.

Thanks for undertaking this project.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, phred!

Thanks!

Those missing JPGs are the screenshots I referred to that still need to be added.  The site that hosts Bee-liever's screenshots has not been working today, but when it is I will add them.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

phred

• Global Moderator
You'll see that right now there are plenty of skins that still need to be added and a number that still need screenshots.  Anyone feel free to jump in on these!  Please and thank you.

Oops...
And the sad thing is that I -did- read that line.  I guess I was just so excited to see all the skins in one place, I forgot what I read. :-\

Still - you did a great job with this and you have my thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

beeing good

This is extremely impressive, thanks so much for your work on this, it's very admirable.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Thanks to both of you!  :)
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I think the Skins page is up to date now, aside from a few screenshots that are missing or I haven't bothered to get yet. 

I'll add new ones if I notice and have time, but I hope y'all will mostly add your own.  I'm going to try to do a similar page for Theater Mode next...
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Adson

Iasc

redwing

I really appreciate your effort to put all these on the wiki.

I'm not sure if this is possible, but I'd like to see much bigger screenshots there. Probably most visitors won't be much interested in who made it or what it's called, but what it looks like and what kind of choices are available. Did you see the skin preview of MB (Main menu> View> Skins> Preview)? That kind of thing (the bigger, the better) is what most users would like, I think, to see on the wiki to compare different skins and get a feel from each.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I adjusted the template.  See if you like it better now.

Also, it's possible to click through and see a full size image of each one just like it is with the skin preview function.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

redwing

I adjusted the template.  See if you like it better now.

Also, it's possible to click through and see a full size image of each one just like it is with the skin preview function.

Thanks! It looks much better!

I noticed a lot of dead space on the right side of each skin. How about placing two skins in a row, if possible, so that users could browse more skins on the same screen? If skin info can be placed at the top or bottom of the screenshot, the size of screenshots could be enlarged a little more even with two in a row.

Another one is the term "Miscellaneous." I understand it means a non-series, single, one-shot work here. But given that the majority of skins are "miscellaneous," it could be better without it not to confuse users.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I noticed a lot of dead space on the right side of each skin. How about placing two skins in a row, if possible, so that users could browse more skins on the same screen? If skin info can be placed at the top or bottom of the screenshot, the size of screenshots could be enlarged a little more even with two in a row.

Unfortunately, that dead space is a function of Wikia's layout.  The content now is as wide as Wikia will allow.

There is another way to browse skins visually, which is the Category:Skins page, where all the screenshots are grouped together.  I might link to it from the other page, though as far as I know I can't make the thumbnails any bigger.

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Skins

Another one is the term "Miscellaneous." I understand it means a non-series, single, one-shot work here. But given that the majority of skins are "miscellaneous," it could be better without it not to confuse users.

I tried removing that at one point, and it seemed more confusing to me to have a blank line with just "collapse" at the end of it.  Of course, that was just my opinion.  Maybe there's some alternate text that would be clearer?  "General skins" or something?
Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 05:16:20 PM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

redwing

Unfortunately, that dead space is a function of Wikia's layout.  The content now is as wide as Wikia will allow.

I see. I found full-size image browsing through clicking works very well since it allows navigating skins back and forth through mouse click.

I tried removing that at one point, and it seemed more confusing to me to have a blank line with just "collapse" at the end of it.  Of course, that was just my opinion.  Maybe there's some alternate text that would be clearer?  "General skins" or something?

"Single works" is the best I can think of. Maybe other members have a better idea, or you could just leave it as is.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I see. I found full-size image browsing through clicking works very well since it allows navigating skins back and forth through mouse click.

Oh, that's right!  I'd forgotten about the pop-up view because I had it disabled.  That does seem useful for this purpose.  I'll see if there's a way I can link directly to the image pop-up for easy browsing...

Edit: Doh!  It does it automatically, nevermind.  I have added a line at the top to direct new users, though.
Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 07:30:38 PM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)