Author Topic: A few podcast feature suggestions  (Read 5066 times)

thegreyspot

Hi!

I would like to offer a few suggestions for features for the podcast side of MusicB

1. It would be great to remember the last played position. If you could do it for non downloaded file as well  you would be a head of other players.

2. Add: http://www.digitalpodcast.com/opml/digitalpodcast.opml as a default podcast directory. This directory is the fullest one available (other than itunes). Also, MusicBee doesnt seem to be getting the entire list, not sure why this is. Digitalpodcast also has nice category organization (such as Technology, lifestyle, etc...)  that MusicBee doesn't seem to recognize, where as mediamonkey does.

3. Add a search function to search through the directory.

4. Also a "mark as listen" or "Mark as unlisten" feature

Steven

• Administrator
for 1, there is a preference setting in the Player options to remember the last playback position on startup. Also anything in the AudioBooks section automatically remembers the playback position
for 2, thanks for the suggestion
for 3, i'm not sure exactly what you want so could you add some more description. Just FYI, on the computer tab the drop-down allows you to show files from sub-folders so with all the files displayed you could use the normal search functions

thegreyspot

Hi!

Thanks for the reply.

1. Ya I noticed that was available for AudioBooks, would it be hard to do for Podcasts?
3. Ya sorry, I meant it would be nice to have a search function in the "Podcast Directory" window. If you do end up adding the opml file from #2, that is a huge list and being able to search "technology news" would be very helpful. But not extremely important.

donjulien

A little one more in the podcast dept.

Could we simply "Right click > Send to > Device" from the very episode list? (from an already downloaded episode, that is)

Right now, in order to do this, I need to either drag the episode to Now Playing or search it in the Library.

Thanks

Steven

• Administrator
Hi!

Thanks for the reply.

1. Ya I noticed that was available for AudioBooks, would it be hard to do for Podcasts?
3. Ya sorry, I meant it would be nice to have a search function in the "Podcast Directory" window. If you do end up adding the opml file from #2, that is a huge list and being able to search "technology news" would be very helpful. But not extremely important.

in case you hadnt noticed 1 & 2 have already been done a couple of releases ago

Tim

Hi!

Thanks for the reply.

in case you hadnt noticed 1 & 2 have already been done a couple of releases ago

Please add the feature of "mark as listen" or "Mark as unlisten".

Steven

• Administrator
mark as listened/ not listened is included in the latest 1.2 beta

Tim

mark as listened/ not listened is included in the latest 1.2 beta

I have found it. Many thanks.

blueshift9

A little one more in the podcast dept.

Could we simply "Right click > Send to > Device" from the very episode list? (from an already downloaded episode, that is)

Right now, in order to do this, I need to either drag the episode to Now Playing or search it in the Library.

Thanks

This would be a fantastic feature, it does appear on the menu, but grayed out.