Author Topic: Put computer to sleep at end of queue  (Read 7554 times)

thegreyspot

Hi!

I really like to have the function to automatically put my computer to sleep at the end of the queue or after a set time. This is great when listening to podcast as I go to sleep. Or for music :)

Thanks!

Steven

• Administrator
done for the next update. Also allows you to sleep/ turn off computer after an elapsed period

thegreyspot

Ya epic fail, i didn't remember myself opening a topic on it lulz

Steven

• Administrator
i have to apologise as i just discovered the sleep/ turn-off computer setting became the wrong way around in the preferences. I have updated 1.2 beta with the corrected behaviour

thegreyspot

Hey,
Two questions:

1) Can we have option to go to sleep not hibernate. Right now its set to hibernate.

2) Can we have 10 second warning windows? like "Computer shutting down in 10 seconds, press cancel."

thanks thanks thanks!
mike

Steven

• Administrator
1) Can we have option to go to sleep not hibernate. Right now its set to hibernate.
i dont belive i can control that - its actually a windows configuration whether it hibernates or sleep. If you dont find any info yourself i'll try and dig out the microsoft knowledge base post about how to change that tonight

2) Can we have 10 second warning windows? like "Computer shutting down in 10 seconds, press cancel."
windows doesnt actually offer you the change to cancel in this way of turning off the computer (which doesnt require admin rights). I think i left it at the default of 30 secs but its a ticking clock with no chance to cancel.

aidanw

there's the command line "shutdown /a" which aborts a pending shutdown within the countdown period, maybe this helps?

Steven

• Administrator
i guess i can put a countdown in musicbee itself before invoking the windows shutdown
this is the knowledgebase article about sleep/hibernation
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555569

thegreyspot

Hi!

Try playing with this http://dl.dropbox.com/u/643924/shutdown.exe

It will let you run

Sleep:   shutdown.exe -s -t 5
Hibernation: shutdown.exe -h -t 5
Shutdown: shutdown.exe -u -t 5

This will give us 5 seconds to close the cmd window to cancel it. I tested it on windows 7. Any body else have xp or vista?

Steven

• Administrator
can you also confirm it runs if you arent an administrator of your PC ie. have UAC enabled

thegreyspot

Yes I can verify Windows 7 UAC highest, and standard user.

Steven

• Administrator
i just tried on XP - it doesnt present a cancellation dialog box - does it for you?

thegreyspot

No it does not, however you can close the cmd box. Ya kinda lame. But maybe you do want to make your own cancellation box and just set the time to zero. I only really like it because it allow you to choose between hibernation and sleep.