Author Topic: Is there a guide for start writing a TM?  (Read 13567 times)

lnminente

Is there in any place a small guide of the current elements for TM?

Could someone write a very concise guide or just a list of the existing elements?
I would like to know the current possibilities of TB but its a bit difficult.

Thanks in advance!

redwing

I think almost every element available for TM is well documented either in readme.txt file (in theater mode folder) or in Steven's first post on this board. Some elements might have been posted on Plugins> TM board, but probably they were just a few.

The easiest way to learn TM is just playing around with the default view file. Make a copy of it and delete everything except the first settings paragraph. Then put each paragraph there, run it and note what's changed. I'm sure you will learn everything in a very short time. I feel it's easier than skinning and gives more fun.

Though the number of elements are not that big no one knows what they can possibly do. Those works posted in the forum are just a hint. Lots of dream works could be done with those implemented features alone. Give it a try and explore a new horizon for yourself!
Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 11:39:57 AM by redwing

lnminente

I absolutly forgot about readme.txt! I'm interested on the onclick showing panels but not hiding the others at the same time, will take a look thanks Redwing :)

andyjones

I absolutly forgot about readme.txt! I'm interested on the onclick showing panels but not hiding the others at the same time, will take a look thanks Redwing :)

Have you tried that on the panels ? Is it working now ?

projet immobilier neuf

redwing

I'm interested on the onclick showing panels but not hiding the others at the same time

As far as I know, if those auto-hide panels overlap with each other even just a bit, you cannot have more than one shown at one place. The exception is album cover panel. If that's on an auto-hide panel (using "block"), it cannot be shown together with any other auto-hide panel even if they don't overlap at all for some reason.
Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 01:45:06 PM by redwing

lnminente

Mmmh, so the concept i wanted for Narrow One isn't possible now. I wanted independently enabling/disabling wavebar, spectrum, lyrics or artist info. The colors i gave to the graphs (spectrum and wavebar) were for letting the text boxes to be over them and allowing multiple combitations with the minimum buttons :/
Image: http://s12.postimage.org/yu38kijfx/NO121217.jpg

redwing

Mmmh, so the concept i wanted for Narrow One isn't possible now. I wanted independently enabling/disabling wavebar, spectrum, lyrics or artist info. The colors i gave to the graphs (spectrum and wavebar) were for letting the text boxes to be over them and allowing multiple combitations with the minimum buttons :/
Image: http://s12.postimage.org/yu38kijfx/NO121217.jpg

You have to create each layout for a button while duplicating elements. That's the only way I know to make it possible. Look at my Artist Frames view and you will notice lots of elements are duplicated for every auto-hide panel.

Edit: And spectrum visualizer doesn't work on an auto-hide panel. It will show at first, but once hidden it will never be back.
Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 03:05:55 PM by redwing