Author Topic: All in One [UPDATED FOR XMAS] - For Embeded Theater Mode  (Read 27147 times)

Greb

DOWNLOAD

Link updated: http://filebeam.com/8f26470ba74ca780b59f3f71a57ea394

INSTALL

Extract in the TheaterMode.Embeded folder.

Install the "Novecento Wide Book" fonts (included in the zip file)

IMAGES

Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 11:45:11 AM by Greb

redwing

Looks great! I feel yours is always more of static whereas mine is more of dynamic. Very interesting!

phred

• Global Moderator
Very nice work Greb!!
It is indeed all-encompassing.

My only comment that something be done to adjust the highlighting on the lyrics.  If a black (or dark) background comes up, and the lyrics are sync'd, then the highlighted lyric line becomes black on black.  Or black on dark.  Very difficult to read.  Since all the included backgrounds are dark(ish) (or not light) and the default color for lyrics text is white, might I suggest that the highlighted line be yellow?  Or the same magenta-ish color that you use for highlighting the currently playing track.

Also, since this is based on your great Frames in the Dark series, it contains the same jpgs.  It seems somewhat redundant to have two copies of each jpg.  One set needs to be in the Shared Artwork folder of TheaterMode.List and another in the Shared Artwork folder of TheaterMode.Embeded.  I'm not sure if this is something you can address, or if we need to wait for Steven to look at it.  It would seem like one common Shared Artwork folder would be a better approach.

Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

beeing good

Very nice, thank you for sharing this.
It looks a bit different on my computer though, the clock doesn't show and if I have the right hand panel open the lyrics sections gets squashed to about three letters wide. I think it's probably because it was made for a bigger monitor/higher resolution screen? It can be solved by not having the right panel open (it's a bit pointless with this mode) but then I lose the image rotation.

Thanks anyway, I was thinking about making one with big artwork and this is much better than anything I would be able to create.

Greb

Looks great! I feel yours is always more of static whereas mine is more of dynamic. Very interesting!

The more variety, the better!  :)

My only comment that something be done to adjust the highlighting on the lyrics.  If a black (or dark) background comes up, and the lyrics are sync'd, then the highlighted lyric line becomes black on black.  Or black on dark.  Very difficult to read.  Since all the included backgrounds are dark(ish) (or not light) and the default color for lyrics text is white, might I suggest that the highlighted line be yellow?  Or the same magenta-ish color that you use for highlighting the currently playing track.

I don't use sync lyrics. No idea how to do that. If somebody knows please explain, so I can change it and upload a updated one.

Also, since this is based on your great Frames in the Dark series, it contains the same jpgs.  It seems somewhat redundant to have two copies of each jpg.  One set needs to be in the Shared Artwork folder of TheaterMode.List and another in the Shared Artwork folder of TheaterMode.Embeded.  I'm not sure if this is something you can address, or if we need to wait for Steven to look at it.  It would seem like one common Shared Artwork folder would be a better approach.

Agreed.

Very nice, thank you for sharing this.
It looks a bit different on my computer though, the clock doesn't show and if I have the right hand panel open the lyrics sections gets squashed to about three letters wide. I think it's probably because it was made for a bigger monitor/higher resolution screen? It can be solved by not having the right panel open (it's a bit pointless with this mode) but then I lose the image rotation.

Thanks anyway, I was thinking about making one with big artwork and this is much better than anything I would be able to create.

Could you up a screencap?

Anyway, the mode is done the way the background doesn't rotate once you've opened it. If you want the background to rotate, open the xml file and low the rotation setting.

phred

• Global Moderator
My only comment that something be done to adjust the highlighting on the lyrics.  If a black (or dark) background comes up, and the lyrics are sync'd, then the highlighted lyric line becomes black on black.  Or black on dark.  Very difficult to read.  Since all the included backgrounds are dark(ish) (or not light) and the default color for lyrics text is white, might I suggest that the highlighted line be yellow?  Or the same magenta-ish color that you use for highlighting the currently playing track.

I don't use sync lyrics. No idea how to do that. If somebody knows please explain, so I can change it and upload a updated one.

@Greb-
The vast majority of my tracks do not have sync'd lyrics, so it's not that big a deal.  I did fire up your Theater Mode III series (which I use quite often, thank you very much) and sometimes the highlighted line is yellow and sometimes it's black.  (Not within the same track.)  I haven't figured out what exactly may be causing the different colors and plan to spend a little more time on it tomorrow and try to come up with a common denominator.  In the meantime, I looked at your xml for Theater Mode III and searched for the "lyrics" element.  Came up with 11 hits but I couldn't really discern what drives the color of the currently playing line.  Methinks we'll need Steven's help on this if it is to be solved.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Greb

@Greb-
The vast majority of my tracks do not have sync'd lyrics, so it's not that big a deal.  I did fire up your Theater Mode III series (which I use quite often, thank you very much) and sometimes the highlighted line is yellow and sometimes it's black.  (Not within the same track.)  I haven't figured out what exactly may be causing the different colors and plan to spend a little more time on it tomorrow and try to come up with a common denominator.  In the meantime, I looked at your xml for Theater Mode III and searched for the "lyrics" element.  Came up with 11 hits but I couldn't really discern what drives the color of the currently playing line.  Methinks we'll need Steven's help on this if it is to be solved.

To be honest, I even didn't know that this could be changed through the file...  ???

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P

@Greb-

To be honest, I even didn't know that this could be changed through the file...  ???

You add a fg2="255,255,255" qualifier to the lyrics element for the sync lyrics highlight
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

phred

• Global Moderator
You add a fg2="255,255,255" qualifier to the lyrics element for the sync lyrics highlight

Thanks Bee-liever.  That's what we've been looking for.  However, here's the original lyrics line from Greg's All in One:
<element type="Lyrics" xAnchor="Panel.Left" x="1060" y="155" widthDock="Panel.Right" width="-1082" heightDock="y:Panel.Bottom" height="-20" font="Segoe UI" style="Regular" size="9" fg="245,245,245" >
</element>

I added your 'fg2' to the end as such:
<element type="Lyrics" xAnchor="Panel.Left" x="1060" y="155" widthDock="Panel.Right" width="-1082" heightDock="y:Panel.Bottom" height="-20" font="Segoe UI" style="Regular" size="9" fg="245,245,245" fg2="255,255,255" >
</element>

And now the lyrics don't show up at all.  Doesn't matter the the lyrics are synd'd or not.  They don't appear.  So I'm back to Greb's original.

Any hints?

Thanks.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
I can't see anything that's different. This is the full line I changed in Greb's xml

<element type="Lyrics" xAnchor="Panel.Left" x="1060" y="155" widthDock="Panel.Right" width="-1082" heightDock="y:Panel.Bottom" height="-20" font="Segoe UI" style="Regular" size="9" fg="245,245,245" fg2="10,245,10" >
</element>

and it works fine.

BTW, the 255,255,255 was meant as generic, so you could pick a colour you wanted. I've used the green from the Artist name
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

phred

• Global Moderator
I can't see anything that's different. This is the full line I changed in Greb's xml

<element type="Lyrics" xAnchor="Panel.Left" x="1060" y="155" widthDock="Panel.Right" width="-1082" heightDock="y:Panel.Bottom" height="-20" font="Segoe UI" style="Regular" size="9" fg="245,245,245" fg2="10,245,10" >
</element>

and it works fine.
Yes, it does.  I copied yours over the original code and it worked just fine.  So that's a keeper. 

BTW, the 255,255,255 was meant as generic, so you could pick a colour you wanted. I've used the green from the Artist name

Understood.  Personally, I like yellow (255,255,0) because I have a number of plain, darkish backgrounds that rotate through and yellow provides the best contrast.

@ Greb- Would you like me to PM the revised XML to you, or will you make the change yourself and post an update?

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

beeing good

Thanks so much Greb, that works perfectly, looks amazing!

Greb