Author Topic: Select files with same <field 1> but with different <fields 2>  (Read 2745 times)

brouwerik

Hi All,

Don't know if this is a wish or existing feature but I couldn'find it.

To keep my tags consistant I want to be able show files with same <field xxx> but different <field yyy>.

For example, I have a custom field named Country. To check if everything is okay, I would like to show files with same <artist> but with different <country>.

Another example: Select files with same <artist>,<title> and <version> but with different <genre>.

If this is an existing feature, please enlighten me.

Thanks for this awesome software and kind regards!

Zak

• Global Moderator
I can't see any way to do this with vanilla MusicBee - a search or filter can't match tag values from one file against the tag values from other files.
There is a plugin for Additional Reporting and Tagging that may have something, but I don't use it so can't say.

Failing that, you might have more luck using that same plugin to export a CSV file containing the tag values you're interested in for all tracks, and then opening that in Excel and using filters there to check. How useful that is depends on how many tracks you want to check.

If I can think of something easier I'll report back.
Bee excellent to each other...

brouwerik

Thanks for the answer! I was afraid there was no way to do this in MB.

I just switched from MediaMonkey to MB since MB can do most things that MM can do + more, figured everything out, except this one.
I also have downloaded the additional tagging tools. Also without result.

In MM it looks like http://i42.tinypic.com/33uesy0.jpg

I hope someday this feature will be added or someone knows of a trick with the existing features  :)

hiccup

+1

At this moment I don't believe I would use this very often, but from your point of view I can see the benefits to have such an advanced option.
B.t.w. your screenshot relates to using this to find duplicates, but I think the way you would want to use it (and I might too) is to have it implemented more as a sort of search/filter option.

brouwerik

Well, the tool can be used to find tracks where certain tags are the same or to check where they are different so the title "Custom Duplicate Search" describes only part of it's possible use. I used it for both.

The duplicate find part is already present in MB and works similar, so I'm glad about that.