Author Topic: Icons for the command buttons  (Read 16781 times)

lnminente

(I made the background transparent for the spek icon, it was white. For the mask is harder to do as it isn't pure black, it got better decreasing the contrast.)

Comparison of a real icon versus the icon shown in the toolbar:

It seems like is taking a smaller area and resizing it to 16x16

Icon used:

lnminente

Got a workaround for avoid the blur effect, adding a 1pixel border to the icons, making them 18x18, MB will draw the 16x16 inside it.
Demonstrating icon:
Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 04:58:45 PM by lnminente

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Just changed the canvas size to 18x18 on couple of icons I have made.
It really makes a great difference. Icons are now clear, crisp images.
Thanks for workaround, lnminente  :)
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Iasc

had the same problem, all my icons are 16x16  but the get stretched and have the sides cut of, had to re size them all to get them to fit.

Steven

• Administrator
i can see the MB function i am using was intended for something else and does actually stretch the picture 1px outside the size.
I will correct that for the next 2.1 update but i guess it means you will need to tweak the icons again - sorry about that

paq

i can see the MB function i am using was intended for something else and does actually stretch the picture 1px outside the size.
I will correct that for the next 2.1 update but i guess it means you will need to tweak the icons again - sorry about that

It's not possible then to tweak it so 18x18 px icons are cropped 1 pixel (like now) and 16x16 px showing like they should? So, no icons would need to be remade.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
One more request regarding the toolbar buttons, which hopefully wouldn't be too complicated:  could we get tooltips for the buttons?  I can remember what each one does easily enough, it's just a mental security blanket, I guess.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)