Author Topic: adding musicbrainz as artwork provider  (Read 3260 times)

chorpo

Steven

• Administrator
as best i can tell after looking at several examples, they only provide links to amazon and in one case discogs, both of which i already search anyway.
On there documentation page they do say they have permission to link to a number of websites but i havent seen any cases where it wasnt just amazon.
Have you seen someone else use musicbrainz for cover-art and do you know if it wasnt just amazon links they were using?

chorpo

i investigated a bit and you are right. When I was using mp3tag, I  left in my mind that tagging using musicbrainz gave me always coverart but amazon don't... I don't know way... Because of that I wrote this request but nevermind.

When the search results give me only results from last.fm (from which coverarts are always average quality), i go to google images and search there. Another amazing feature in MB would be searching for coverarts within MB.

I made a "wishscreenshot" :)

when user checks search in google images or search also in google images checkbox, innerwindow browser will show with searched images, user will be able to change search frazes but the initial search should be "albumartist albumname". google images have great accuracy and lots of results...

What do you think. Would it be this possible?? (I know that's a useless question for you  ;))