Author Topic: Playlist type in the Theater Mode  (Read 10916 times)

Greb

Steven, would it possible to make a now playing list element [with the whole now playing list and the speaker sign] similar to the 'type="AlbumTracks"' one?

Steven

• Administrator
i've added support for including the now playing list
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_1/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

in this example i just replaced the album in the Album and Artist example. It also includes a new attribute on child elements so you can format the playlist index
format="#\." puts a . after the number

Code
<element type="Block" x="10" y="210" width="360" height="35" bg="230,5,5,5" />
<element type="NowPlayingList" x="10" y="245" width="360" height="290" font="Arial" style="Regular" size="9.5" bg="180,5,5,5" fg="240,240,240" mouseOverFg="220,10,10" >
    <child width="15" />
    <child id="Speaker" width="23" />
    <child id="#" width="50" format="#\." align="center" />
    <child id="TrackArtistAndTitle" width="230" />
    <child id="Duration" />
</element>

redwing

1. Most of the time it's working fine. But sometimes (cannot find a pattern) it does not show previous or next tracks upon clicking on the topmost or bottommost track in the displayed list and then fails to display the current playing track.

2. How to set margin between track rows?

3. Would it be possible to color the current playing track differently (Album Tracks type too)?
Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 09:03:32 AM by redwing

Steven

• Administrator
that should be fixed now.
also i have added a row padding attribute (default is 2)
<element type="NowPlayingList" ... rowPadding="5" .../>

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_1/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

also any skins using this element should make sure to mention to get the above version. I am not sure if i will post it to the weekly updates topic just yet

redwing

Thanks! Now it doesn't fail to display playing track. But occasionally it still cannot proceed to previous or next tracks by clicking on the topmost or bottommost track. The user has to click on PlayPrevious or PlayNext button to change the list. I guess it's not a big deal. The row padding attribute is working well, but not for album tracks type. Please consider it for future update.
Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 12:04:00 PM by redwing

Steven

• Administrator
i cant see how the padding wouldnt work as its the same code and trying now its working fine for me with the album element

redwing

i cant see how the padding wouldnt work as its the same code and trying now its working fine for me with the album element

You're right. It's working fine. I must have made a mistake during my previous test. Thanks!

Steven

• Administrator
Thanks! Now it doesn't fail to display playing track. But occasionally it still cannot proceed to previous or next tracks by clicking on the topmost or bottommost track. The user has to click on PlayPrevious or PlayNext button to change the list. I guess it's not a big deal.
that should be working better for the next 2.1 update

Greb

Steven, it doesn't work well when you have both "AlbumAndTracks' and "NowPlayingList" elements in the same theater mode.

Steven

• Administrator

redwing

Would you support setting WidthDock attribute for its child elements such as Title and Artist so that the width of the list can be scalable?