Author Topic: A Sophisticated Bee  (Read 60818 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Have you right clicked in the right sidebar and gone to "Customize Panel Settings"?  If you check the box for spectrum visualizer that you find there, it should show up.

The player spectrum bars are turned on and off totally separately.  That setting is in Layout (2) in Preferences, I believe.  You might also be able to find it in a right click menu.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

ZenHarmony

Thank you so much, that worked!  :) I thought I had found all the settings available, but I missed those one!

Thanks again,

Lisa

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You're welcome!  Glad to help.

(Good luck finding all the settings!  I've been working with MB for over six months and still regularly find new features.)
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Novatlan

Sorry for resurrecting the dead, but I was wondering if this skin is officially dead?
It is the only skin I like in MB and I would be heartbroken to see it not compatible with version 3.

hiccup

Hi Novatlan, in a former life, jistme was my alias.

Thanks for this big compliment and appreciation. I remember it took me a ridiculous amount of time and effort to create and fine-tune this skin to my own liking. Very nice to hear it's still appreciated by others too.

Don't worry, I will try to maintain this baby (and a few other of my skins) for as long as I will be using MusicBee myself.

It could even be that if you download it from the given download link, you get a more recent version than the version that is included with MusicBee nowadays.
Later on I have made some improvements, and I am not sure if that newer version was included later on. (you could check the file size for that)

Cheers!

hiccup

This skin has been updated.
The download link has been updated in the starting post of this topic.

Changed:
Under MusicBee v2.x it was not behaving very well with custom font types and sizes for the player info panel.
Gradients and fonts in the player panel would easily get distorted.
That should now have been fixed, and the skin is also up to date for 'MusicBee v3demo'
(which is under development and in alpha stage at this moment of writing)

Please feel free to comment, be it good or bad.

hiccup

Update:

There are now two versions of this skin.

- A version for MusicBee v2.x, which is is final and won't be maintained anymore.

- An updated version for MusicBee v3.x only.

The download link is in the start post.
Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 10:06:46 PM by hiccup

hiccup

Novatlan

Great to see this skin is getting updates!
Is there a way to have both versions installed? I regularly switch between MusicBee 2 and 3.

hiccup

Great to see this skin is getting updates!
Is there a way to have both versions installed? I regularly switch between MusicBee 2 and 3.

I'm glad you like it. It's my personal default skin, so I'll surely try to keep maintaining it.

Are you running MB 2 and 3 from the same folder, so sharing the same skin folder too?
Then you'll only have to make sure the skin versions for 2 and 3 have different file names.
e.g. "A Sophisticated Bee 2.xmlc" and "A Sophisticated Bee 3.xmlc".
Then they can be in the same skin folder, and will both be seen by both v2 and v3.

hiccup

Updated
Gotten rid of the "Windows 10 1 px. border"

(needs MusicBee v3.0.5880 or higher)

hiccup

Updated, fixed an ugly issue with the playing icons in Detailed View and the Now Playing panel.
See start-post for download link.

hiccup

Updated with only a minor improvement to the sidebar player.

hiccup

hiccup

Updated.

- The player panel has been improved a bit, and will now remain slim & slender™, also when larger fonts are selected for the main player’s track info.

The download link is in the start post.

(MB v3.1.6363 or higher is recommended)