Author Topic: More custom tags?  (Read 21079 times)

markemark

I've been using MusicBee a few weeks now and love it. Unfortunately, I'm loving the custom tags feature too much because I've used up all 9 slots and could use more if they were available. I do like to tag my audio with as much information as I can use.

I'd like to be add more, perhaps imitating the way used to add custom filters, considered for a future update.

Iasc

not sure of your needs but there is  the option of using virtual tags.

paq

+1

I would like to see in the future a dynamic number of both virtual and custom tags if possible, so you can add extra ones as you need them without a limit.

iasc: Virtual and custom tags fill different purposes and a virtual tag can never replace a custom tag. Virtual tags are "created on the fly" while custom tags saves extra metadata about your tracks in the MusicBee library or in the tracks themselves.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
+1 to dynamic number.  I haven't used all mine, but I hate having the blank "custom 1" and "virtual 1" tags cluttering things up.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

jistme

+1 for a couple more custom tags

(personally I would be happy with 12 of them)

Zak

• Global Moderator
Until you have 12. Then you'll want 16. Then you'll want 24...  :P
Bee excellent to each other...

markemark

not sure of your needs but there is  the option of using virtual tags.

I'm finding uses for virtual tags too.  ;D They're incredibly useful.

jistme

Until you have 12. Then you'll want 16. Then you'll want 24...  :P

Nope, with 12 y'all won't hear me about this matter ever again.
But as easy as this looks to implement to us normal mortals, I think Steven is reluctant since it might also effect the layout of the edit panel.
Can't blame me for keeping the wish though ;-)

Steven

• Administrator
yes thats the main reason i havent done this yet, but i do intend to do this request but it might be some time away

Steven

• Administrator
i have added support for 16 custom tags and 16 virtual tags. Its in the next 2.1 update

jistme

Please consider starting with Custom1 and Custom2 on the bottom left, thus making use of the now unused space, and reduce the need for scrolling.

And in the floating edit panel there's room for all custom tags to be displayed at once without any scrolling at all...

Zak

• Global Moderator
And in the floating edit panel there's room for all custom tags to be displayed at once without any scrolling at all...
Not on a laptop.

-edit-
Okay, maybe there is. I'll have to check. :P
Bee excellent to each other...