Author Topic: Default Tweak  (Read 25186 times)

Eeyore

Replaced a couple lines from Default with some taken from endeavour1934's XBOX Music Style.

Download Here

Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 06:11:15 AM by Eeyore

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Good job on the editing, Eeyore.

Nice fusion  8)

PS Welcome to the forum  :)
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Eeyore

Thanks, thanks, and thank you very much  ;)

Just discovered MusicBee yesterday and I'm loving it.
Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 09:49:24 AM by Eeyore

ihavnoclue

I just want to say that this is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you!
I was about to try to make it myself, but not knowing any XML that would have taken me a long time.
I couldn't find any good ones with all of the features you have showing.

Eeyore

Awesome, glad someone else will be enjoying it as well! Just let me know if there's any minor things you'd like updated or changed on it. 

ihavnoclue

This has actually been bugging me for a while and I thought it was just MusicBee, but now I'm not sure.
The wave form lags a lot when I play music. It'll behave fine then pause then keep going, it looks really weird. It also eats massive amounts of CPU. But if I use the compact player the wave form in that displays without any issues.
Any idea how to fix this?

Eeyore

I have noticed that the visualizer adds about 10% CPU usage in general for me. I've tried tweaking at the code but it doesn't really seem to make a difference. I don't know how much you care about having it in there, but you can just delete the Spectrum Visualizer from the code if you want to continue using that view without the issues of it.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I've been using this theater mode at a dance night I host once a week, MB open on my laptop and the theater mode projected onto a plasma TV.  The trouble is that the plasma tv has overscan (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overscan), which cuts off about 10% of the screen around the edges, inluding most of the visualiser.

I've tried pretty much all the hardware and software solutions available, so I think the only fix is going to be adjusting the theater mode itself. Can someone please advise me if there's a way to adjust the whole thing to be smaller, more in the middle of the screen?  I'm sure I could move individual pieces, but I'm hoping to avoid that much work.  :)
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

hiccup

I would think this should be solvable on the part of the TV or the laptop themselves.
Assuming that you already searched all possible settings on the Plasma TV to disable this overscan, I am guessing it is a driver issue on your laptop.
I am aware of especially some older Ati video drivers being quite persistent in setting overscan as a default when it detects a television or when some 'video' mode is set.
If you can't find a setting that is specifically called 'overscan', you mighty try to disable some suspect 'auto' settings.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I would think this should be solvable on the part of the TV or the laptop themselves.
Assuming that you already searched all possible settings on the Plasma TV to disable this overscan, I am guessing it is a driver issue on your laptop.
I am aware of especially some older Ati video drivers being quite persistent in setting overscan as a default when it detects a television or when some 'video' mode is set.
If you can't find a setting that is specifically called 'overscan', you mighty try to disable some suspect 'auto' settings.

Trust me, I've tried and tried.  The tv doesn't have a setting, and I found a setting for my graphics card but when I tried to apply it, it refused to save.  So I'm looking for a kludge.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

hiccup

Trust me, I've tried and tried.  The tv doesn't have a setting, and I found a setting for my graphics card but when I tried to apply it, it refused to save.  So I'm looking for a kludge.

That's frustrating, so it is most probably an issue with your graphics driver indeed. Also no solution to be found on the fora of the graphics card manufacturer? You can't be alone in this suffering ;-)
I have no knowledge how to help you in the way you would like to solve it now, but just some other thoughts:
Have you tried different cabling (hdmi vs. vga for example).
Couldn't you just have the whole MusicBee (and theater mode) panel resized a bit smaller to accommodate for the cropping?

Bee-liever

The trouble is that the plasma tv has overscan...
What brand TV?
I know LG you have to change to "Just Scan" in the Aspect Ratio settings, and Samsung it's "Screen Fit" in the Screen Adjustment settings.
The only other brand I've dealt with is Sony, but I can't remember the exact settings for that one.  I recall it wasn't as easy as the other ones, and that you had to change 2 settings to get it to work.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
It's a pioneer, but please believe me when I say I have tried every setting multiple times, and I have googled the model number, etc to.death.  it's an older tv, and a brand new computer.  Any way, if there's not a quick fix I'll look at getting it all adjusted...
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Bee-liever

Maybe Sizer (http://www.brianapps.net/sizer/) would be suitable

EDIT:
and Nvidia cards have settings to adjust for overscan
Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 08:00:19 PM by Bee-liever

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'll give that a try, thanks.  It was my Intel card that I tried to adjust with.  The reason it gave for not being able to save the settings was "invalid resolution" or something like that, whether i set it to be reduced from or to the native resolution.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)