Author Topic: Add to library function in explorer context menu  (Read 6921 times)

9ido

Hello,

I think the subject explains it all. This would be very sweet to have. Clean, quick and simple. No more dragging and switching windows around.

Cheers!

beeing good

I think you might need to explain a bit more, I have no idea what you mean  ???

9ido

I thought that was clear.

I meant an option 'add to library' added to windows explorer's context menu functionality.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You're thinking a context menu item outside of Music Bee that would send items to Music Bee, right?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

9ido

You're thinking a context menu item outside of Music Bee that would send items to Music Bee, right?

yes, in explorer. right next to 'play file' and preferably above 'queue next' and 'queue last'. ;)

beeing good

I wasn't sure if you meant Windows Explorer or the Library Explorer, and whether you wanted to add something to a "library function".

I'm can't imagine how it would work, would it send the files to the inbox where you can send them to the library (and/or organise)?

Zak

• Global Moderator
This request implies some people might find it useful to have a "Send to Inbox" menu item too.

In the absence of both of these, it's only one extra step to queue the tracks up and then switch to MusicBee and send everything in the Now Playing list to the Library or Inbox.
Bee excellent to each other...

9ido

This request implies some people might find it useful to have a "Send to Inbox" menu item too.

In the absence of both of these, it's only one extra step to queue the tracks up and then switch to MusicBee and send everything in the Now Playing list to the Library or Inbox.

not really efficient.. it involves switching to musicbee, opening the now playing panel, finding the tracks, selecting them, adding them to the library, deleting them from the queue again, closing the now playing and switching back to explorer. in that time i could have done a lot more interesting things. ;)

right now i'm dragging everything to 'music' instead. that involves some problems, too. the autohide function of the playlist panel does not function (it remains shut) when you're dragging files into the program from windows explorer. first have to go into musicbee, open the panel, back into explorer, drag the files back into musicbee, then close the panel again. not ideal either.

adding directly from the context menu would be perfect. probably very easy to implement, no? :)

all the best,
9ido.

beeing good

I personally wouldn't like to see this implemented. For me it goes completely against the workflow of MB (inbox before library). I also have quite a lot of context entries already, I would rather not have anything else that is not needed.

Could you not set up a monitored folder? This is what I do, it is set so everything in the folder goes to my inbox so if I want to add a track to MB I just drag the track in to the folder.

9ido

I personally wouldn't like to see this implemented. For me it goes completely against the workflow of MB (inbox before library). I also have quite a lot of context entries already, I would rather not have anything else that is not needed.

Could you not set up a monitored folder? This is what I do, it is set so everything in the folder goes to my inbox so if I want to add a track to MB I just drag the track in to the folder.

no, that wouldn't work for me.

if the extra option in the context menu is a pain for others (?) then why not set the musicbee content of this menu somewhere in the setup? let the user decide.