Author Topic: Basic feature enhancement for theater mode  (Read 14952 times)

redwing

Before moving onto some fancy new features, I'd love to see some basic feature enhancement of theater mode. Here are what I'd like it to have.

(1) Expansion of onclick function: support for playback, stop, play nth(including previous and next) track in the list.

(2) Support for on-screen editing of Gallery tag (e.g. text box): This is the only way theater view developers can do something with the fantastic feature. You can't expect users to edit xml file every time they want to use different search terms.

(3) Support for searching other tag values in addition to artist: What not for album artist, composer, genre, mood, and some other tags that could be useful for retrieving relevant images?  

(4) Clicking on a picture or image on the screen should, by default, proceed to the next image if rotation or web search is enabled, overriding the preset rotation time and interval. There is no reason users must endure watching some picture they find abhorrent. During my test, quite a few out-of-the-context pictures were picked up and thrown at me.

Thanks in advance.

Steven

• Administrator
for the next 2.1 update i have implemented
1)
onClick="PlayPause"
onClick="PlayStop"
onClick="PlayPrevious"
onClick="PlayNext"

in addition, there is a new icon element so these can be implemented using images
<element type="Icon" image="Images\Test.png" mouseOverImage="Images\TestH.png" x="100" y="100" onClick="PlayPause"></element>

3) there is already a new attribute for artist biography and picture
<element type="ArtistPicture" artistType="Composer" ...></element>
<element type="ArtistInfo" artistType="Composer" ...></element>
where
artistType="Artist"
artistType="Composer"
artistType="ComposerPref" - this one tries composer first and if blank then uses the artist

specifically for the Gallery element, the following tags="xxx" values are supported and take their value from the current playing track:
tags="artist"
tags="albumArtist"
tags="composer"
tags="genre"
tags="mood"
tags="occasion"

redwing

That looks quite an enhancement so far. If it's not a big trouble, can a new attribute be added "trying artist first if blank then uses composer" for classical music tracks which quite often retrieve no artist picture at all? Thanks a lot!

Steven

• Administrator
this has the changes:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_1/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

i dont think the gallery tags works that well but perhaps you will find otherwise

anyone making use of the new Icon element, i suggest the icon images be placed in their own folder, with the folder named the same as the skin so to avoid clashes with other skins

redwing

Thanks. But I'm afraid to report that among the four newly implemented onclick functions, "PlayStop" is working just as "stop," not toggling to "play." The other three are working fine.

Edit: One more thing. It seems that onclick area is always aligned left, no matter where the actual text is.
Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 10:57:33 PM by redwing

Steven

• Administrator
PlayStop means stop playback just like the stop button in the main player

the onclick area will be the entire area you have allocated for the text

redwing

PlayStop means stop playback just like the stop button in the main player
Got it.

the onclick area will be the entire area you have allocated for the text

What's wrong with this?
<element type="Field" id="Tracks[1]" xAnchor="#NextInfo.Right" x="0" yAnchor="#NextInfo.Top" y="3" width="180" align="center" font="Segoe UI" style="Regular" size="10" fg="255,255,255" onClick="PlayNext"><child id="Title"></child></element>

I found the onclick area varies following the length of title, and aligns always left even though "align=center" was set.

Steven

• Administrator

redwing

it would be easiest if you sent me your skin files

I PMed you my file. Thanks for your help!

Steven

• Administrator

redwing

I am afraid to report that the onclick area of "onClick=OpenAutoHidePanel" is always aligned left too.

redwing

@Steven:

I am afraid to report that the onclick area of "onClick=OpenAutoHidePanel" is always aligned left too.

When do you think you will be able to fix this? May I just go ahead and post my second work assuming this bug will be fixed sooner or later?

Edit: I didn't know you already fixed it and posted the new version. Works perfectly! Thanks.
Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 11:28:41 PM by redwing

redwing

(I am going to add some more theater mode-related wishes in this thread)

1. Configurable artist picture sources for theater mode: Artist picture on theater mode is surely one of the greatest features, but its current fixed settings can easily get users bored.
(1) Currently only visualiser (artist picture) allows users to configure artist picture retrieval sources (Main menu> View> Visualiser > Artist Picture Settings). I noticed that configuring the settings provides a great degree of variety for pictures. Why not make it work for theater mode too?
(2) Randomize retrieval order for the same artist: the current fixed order makes it predictable and less entertaining.

2. Support for "mouseOverFg" attribute  
(1) "mouseOverFg" attribute is currently working only with onClick="OpenAutoHidePanel," not working with all other onClick functions.
(2) If "mouseOverFg2" is supported, the display of rating-love and rating icons on a hidden panel will be possible.

3. New onClick functions: Volume up, Volume down, Mute on/off

4. A right-click menu item that opens up theater view list pane during theater mode: Very inconvenient to access the pane in full screen mode.

5. Support for mouse scroll wheel on Artist Info panel just like Lyrics panel
Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 11:27:51 PM by redwing