Author Topic: UPNP  (Read 120873 times)

jistme

+1

(to use MusicBee as the source, and send music to my Logitech Squeezeboxes)

houston

+1

(Streaming the music stored on my PC to my android)

nicosch

+1

Steven

• Administrator
there is next to no chance i would be able to do this and the only way i see it happening is if another developer would be interested to create a plugin, although i would need to extend the API if anyone is interested

virual

Just curious, What language is needed to make the plugin? any tutorials on how to make a plugin for musicbee?

Curt

Yes, I wish a UPNP-Streaming-Server for Musicbee, too.

iTunes or Win Media Player or Twonky are really frustrating relative for the perfomance while scanning new files...

Unfortunably, I have any KnowHow to programming this feature under Win7.

V4lve

Have you tried Serviio?  Been looking for a replacement for Firefly for long time and tried all of them.  Now using Serviio for for a week or so on a 15k library and it works pretty well.  Not as fast as Firefly but usable enough.

sambice

Just an FYI +1 for this!

(e.g. I use BubblePNP app for Android, and can push/render playing music sourced from my NAS (stored as FLAC), from my tablet or phone to each other, to XBMC on the laptop/TV setup, to the Xbox.... The only thing missing from the setup being perfect is being able to render it to MusicBee.

Sure, I can push it to XBMC/or Media Center. But I MUCH prefer MusicBee. Also to push to them it uses the hdmi connection to the TV speakers, and I'd have to change the source every time to switch to using the Hi-Fi setup speakers. Just as an outline of why it would be bloody awesome if UPNP was integrated.)

Stockinger

+1

so_la_la

Is there any way to have MusicBee set up its database on a NAS itself and then to access this database through a Windows 8 (Phone / Surface) or even Android device tthrough a MusicBee app?
That woud be awesome!
Music Bee 3; EAC; MP3Tag; Music on Synology NAS 115; Logitech Media Server on RPI 3; RPI 2 with Hifiberry; Poweramp for Android/Lineage

Lappro

I am new to the MusicBee community, but I also think UPnP would be a great addition.
I have seen this on the foobar plugin section and it might make adding this funcionality easier: http://www.plutinosoft.com/platinum
This plugin uses it: http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_upnp
I don't know the details but using the SDK could make the work easier and therefore might bring it within reach.
In case you haven't seen it yet.

mattbaker88

Would love to see this feature added!
MusicBee is such an amazing bit of software for organizing music. This would be the icing on the cake (for now :D )

Time to donate some more money I think.

Steven

• Administrator
i really would like someone else to develop a plugin for this but given this functionality has been requested repeatedly for the past few years and no one has taken it on board i will have a look at how much effort would be involved.
Its not something i have any experience with and i am not promising i will do this.
Perhaps there is someone willing to do this now?
Or perhaps someone can suggest a third party solution that could be used eg. MB can export an iTunes xml file. Perhaps another application is able to read such files and make the musicbee library accessible using that file

Steven

• Administrator
i have had a look at what is involved with this and have the basics working for musicbee to act as a server so I am going to implement a plugin - probably only for music and not for videos.
However i have a very limited set of renderers to test this against so i expect it wont work for every case as even with the limited set of renderers i am testing against, each seems to have their own differences that need to be handled.
I do have a question for anyone interested in this. For now i am only planning for the plugin to have musicbee act as a server. Is there any good reason for the plugin to also implement rendering? eg. you have a DNLA server located on another machine and want musicbee to make those files accessible/ playable via this protocol
Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 09:21:58 AM by Steven