Author Topic: Dot Field for managing multiple tracks (and some other features wishlist)  (Read 24863 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Just read through this thread and would really like to advocate for "Tick/Untick Selected Files" as a menu option, along with Selecting Ticked.

Say I'm going though a BIG pile of duplicates, and I think that all the MP3s now exist in FLAC, but I want to be sure.  This is what I would do:

- Sort by extension
- Select all MP3s
- Tick selected
- Resort by Artist/Title
- Select ticked
- Unselect any that don't appear to have FLAC duplicates
- Delete the rest

(On the other hand, steps 3 & 5 would be eliminated completely if the selected files stayed selected when they were resorted...)
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

paq

I agree that "Tick/untick selected files" could be a useful option.

However in the case above, maybe the Highlighting feature could be of help? (Enable it by showing the column Highlight and click the header for options, read more here: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=7751.45 )  Then you could display one color for mp3-files and one for flac-files and then see which albums that appear in both formats.

A related wish: If one ticks a track, then holds down Shift while ticking another track a few tracks down the list, then all tracks in between should be ticked (or unticked depending on current tick status).

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
However in the case above, maybe the Highlighting feature could be of help? (Enable it by showing the column Highlight and click the header for options, read more here: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=7751.45 )  Then you could display one color for mp3-files and one for flac-files and then see which albums that appear in both formats.

Oh, that's a cool feature.  I may not use it for that, but I'll definitely use it.  I think somebody else mentioned it to me, too, though of course now I can't find where.  Thanks to you both, if you know who you are.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)