Author Topic: Icons for the command buttons  (Read 16613 times)

Steven

• Administrator
This has been asked a few times but i cant find the request. You can now configure the command buttons to show a 16x16 icon instead of text.
Despite the name, the icons need to be png files and located in the Icons sub-folder where MB is installed (create the folder if it doesnt exist).
To select an icon click the ... button where you enter the text.
I dont have any icons so you will need to make your own. Perhaps one of the forum members might come up with a stock set for everyone to select from.
Its in the next 2.1 update
Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 10:27:43 PM by Steven

redwing

Iasc

i have a set of 52 pngs, each in 6 colors that i will post after i have a chance to test them in music bee

Iasc

make that sets of 75.
Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 11:48:10 AM by iasc

redwing

Here is my current settings.

(Preferences, Theater mode, Artwork, Album & tracks, Track detail view on Wing-ated skin)

Very convenient and looks great! Thanks, Steven & iasc!

beeing good

This is a great change.

On the topic of command buttons though, is it possible to reorder them? I have never found a way to do it other than deleting them and setting them up again.

Steven

• Administrator
yes i will address the re-ordering issue and also more the panel layout button to the right of the icons

redwing

Once again, I am impressed with your responsiveness and efficiency, Steven. I noticed you changed the name to Toolbar Buttons, as well. As you may have already planned, I think two more things need to be addressed to complete this button enhancement project. In today's ubiquitous web era, users would expect chrome or firefox-like features when they see these button. Hence (1) tool-tip for icons (we forget things) and (2) ability to drag and reorder icons (we're too lazy to adjust numbers) seem to be a must-have for today's users. I don't think these are urgent, but I guess such requests will eventually be coming. Thanks again for your excellent work!

lnminente

I see the icons blur, for the record my screen is clean and i don't need glasses anymore :D
Tried with different dpi, 96, 90, 72, but got same results. I used paint.net for compatibility reasons too

Edit: I add the icons tested http://www.mediafire.com/?c0tqd1ma24dmmir
Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 08:20:19 PM by lnminente

Iasc

you could try sharpen the images by about 50%, it should help.also on your theater mode icon (mask) you can remove the backround black and make it transparent using gimp.