Author Topic: The Artwork view  (Read 39366 times)

Zak

• Global Moderator
Only suggestion I would um... suggest.. is that if the artwork is non-square, align it to the top instead of the bottom to avoid the empty gaps:

@Zak - If the art isn't square, and it's aligned at the top, wouldn't there then be a gap at the bottom?  With the art centered vertically, then at least the gap is equal top and bottom.
Not if the new overlaid panel is shown, because that will still be aligned at the bottom.
Bee excellent to each other...

Greb

LOVELY!!!!!  :)  Thanks!

By the way. How about giving the artwork view the option to NOT to group?

Now it's possible to use the Artwork view in the Now Playing List  with song's Artist and Title, so each cover represents a song.

But every consecutive song has to belong to a different album, otherwise it groups them automatically.

Besides that, it's difficult to see which song is played in each moment. Perhaps, if the option to not to group existed, it would be interesting to add some sign (the speaker icon?) to the played song.
Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 07:39:20 AM by Greb

Steven

• Administrator
as a trial i have toned down the default background box when pictures are fitted to the panel and text is displayed below
Also for skin developers there is now an override available - setting the alpha channel on the background colour doesnt work well.
Code
  <element id="Content[Artwork].ArtworkText" bg="128,128,128" fg="0,0,255" />

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_1/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

jistme

as a trial i have toned down the default background box when pictures are fitted to the panel and text is displayed below
Also for skin developers there is now an override available - setting the alpha channel on the background colour doesnt work well.
Code

Maybe you could add a 'bg2' for this one?
A slight gradient could improve indicating the text belonging to albumart above or below it.

lnminente

I think it fits better with dark skins now

Please consider  setting a fixed size for artworks, i can reproduce an scenary of 24 seconds without showing covers:
-Maximize window (optional)
-Resize the left panel, so the artwork cache is rewritten
-Slowly scroll down looking for an album until end. With 459 covers and scrolling down from top i am24 seconds without seeing covers

redwing

Code

The override works well, and now I am delighted with the new (as requested by the OP) look. Thanks a lot!
Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 12:30:49 PM by redwing

Steven

• Administrator
could you post a couple of screenshots, with the default and with your override?

redwing

could you post a couple of screenshots, with the default and with your override?

Sure.
Because you toned down the grey background color the differences are now much subtler, but still noticeable IMO. It didn't look well on this skin before you toned it down.

My override with <element id="Content[Artwork].ArtworkText" bg="255,255,255" fg="0,0,0" />

Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 01:33:48 PM by redwing

phred

• Global Moderator

@Steven-
Looks more like you've made the background color completely transparent (instead of "toning it down.")  Which, IMHO, is perfect.  Now I can have the tightened-up artwork spacing, no text over the art, and the skin's background color showing behind the text.   The best of all worlds. 

Thank you kind sir.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P

My 5 cents worth (we don't have 2ยข coins in Aus   ;) ). I don't like this version at all. The background box colour is so close to the skin colour, that it may as well not be used at all.

first version: good colour seperation

current version:

using skinning element: using original skin background colour as tag colour, and using panel border colour as background colour
Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 09:47:03 PM by Bee-liever
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
i was hoping to avoid doing this, but i have added an extra option for the text background behavior