Author Topic: auto-playlist - dynamic or static  (Read 4057 times)

sundownm

I would like to see something in preferences or options that allows the auto-playlist to remain "static" after generation. I create one auto-playlist based on filters to allow me to randomly select 25 tracks of a specific genre to build daily playlists i use for broadcasting.  I manually redo this auto-playlist and drag out one or more tracks into playlist of the day. Currently when I drag one track from the auto-playlist, the auto-playlist refreshes. Would it be possible to give the option to allow it to act as it did in 1.4 and older?

Steven

• Administrator
there have already been some changes made in the 2.1 release to reduce the cases where tabs get refreshed, and i think that would include your scenario:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_1/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

sundownm

Hi Steven, I cant seem to be able to download that zip file. IE and Chrome cant locate it. Is that the correct name?
Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 08:22:56 PM by sundownm

paq

Up until today the latest version has been available at the link provided above. You could try updating with the link Steven provided today, which is http://www.mediafire.com/?paa4dthph1qz8j6

Steven

• Administrator

sundownm

That 2.1.4706 version works a treat :-)  extremely happy now. Thank you :-)

sundownm

THis has started again in version 2.1.4924. . Playlist mixers are refreshed/re generated when I pull one trach into my daily playlist:-(  How can I prevent this?

Steven

• Administrator
i have adjusted the behavior for the next 2.2 update but i suggest you dont upgrade going forward as this is a non-core feature and something that will easily be overlooked in the future and seems quite specific to your particular need

sundownm

how can I get back the previous version ? it worked a treat

sundownm