Author Topic: Re-format tag’s when transfering files  (Read 1682 times)

marlonob

I am very strict regarding to tagging in my music collection, and MusicBee has fulfilled my obsessions better than any other program I’ve tried. However, when it comes to a portable player, this is not the case: I’m using a Rockbox device (iPod classic) and it does not support many tags important to me, namely, the Setsubtite (or disc subtitle), the grouping, and the Origyear (origdate).

Consider this album http://www.discogs.com/Smashing-Pumpkins-Mellon-Collie-And-The-Infinite-Sadness/release/367739 My tags for track 1-02 are,

TITLE: Tonight, Tonight
ALBUM: Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
SETSUBTITLE: Dawn to Dusk
Track: 2 of 14
Disc: 1 of 2

As Rockbox can’t read the setsubtitle tag, I would like an option to format the album tag to something like <Album>$IsNull(<Set Subtitle>,,[<Disc#>"]: "<Set Subtitle>) so it can be read “Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness [2]: Dawn to Dusk”

This would be useful also in the case of grouping. For example, Der Ring des Nibelungen  http://www.discogs.com/Richard-Wagner-G%C3%BCnther-Neuhold-Badische-Staatskapelle-Der-Ring-Des-Nibelungen/release/1981256 is divided in scenes, each of them being a grouping, so the tags for the 1-02 track in this case are

COMPOSER: Richard Wagner
ALBUM: Der Ring des Nibelungen
TITLE: Weia! Waga! Woge, Du Welle
GROUPING: Erste Szene

I’d like to format the title tag with $IsNull(<Grouping>,,<Disc#>": ")<Title> to be “Erste Szene: Weia! Waga! Woge, Du Welle” and the track 1-03 to be “Erste Szene: Hehe! Ihr Nicker!” and so on…

Also, to keep accurate info for my ripped cds, I tag them (via MusicBrainz Picard) with the information of its exact release, so, sometimes, for example for the Nevermind 20th anniversary edition www.discogs.com/Nirvana-Nevermind/release/3132592 the year is 2011 and the origyear in 1991. This is fine because MusicBrains show me both of them, but I don’t want Rockbox telling me that Nevermind is from 2011.

Well, those are my main concerns, maybe someone else had others of the sort.