Author Topic: Tron Punk skin  (Read 85013 times)

jistme

The problem with displaying larger and/or italic fonts is known and confirmed, and to my regret is not something I can do anything about.
But not showing text at all in the info panel is new to me and has not been reported before.

I ran over the skin file again, and tweaked some minor things for the info panel, but I don't really expect it to help with your problem.
But you might try it anyway.
Is your portable version the most recent one? (I'm not familiar with the portable versions)

If this makes no difference you could post it as a bug report.

mariofranck

Yes, I'm using the latest portable version. Will try again and I'll report the bug in case it doesn't work. Anyway, I think it might be related to my MusicBee's layout configuration; I'll look into it.

Thank you for your trouble.

redwing

Yes, I'm using the latest portable version. Will try again and I'll report the bug in case it doesn't work. Anyway, I think it might be related to my MusicBee's layout configuration; I'll look into it.

Thank you for your trouble.

It has nothing to do with portable version. To run this skin, you will need to update your MB to the latest beta:

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=8111.msg55031#msg55031

mariofranck

I see. Will install the beta in that case. Thanks again, and congrats for the skin, very soothing.

jistme

I see. Will install the beta in that case.

Let us know if that indeed fixed it, I will then mention it in the start post to prevent others from running into this.

jistme

Updated.
Track info panel and controls are now being re-positioned depending on whether 'spectrum', 'track rating' and 'last.fm love' are displayed or not.

jistme

Murder of Mayday font for use in track info panel added to the download folder.
(Light, font size up till 16 works nicely)

blackknight

After applying the MURDER_OF_MAYDAY font, the characters are getting ripped off on the top of the main player planel. please have a look.. any suggestions to correct this. I tried decreasing the font size, but no effect.. :-\

blackknight

blackknight

perfect... thanks for the patch steven.. now its looking gooooood  :)  :D

Space Octopus

• Teach a Man To Reason, He'll Think For a Lifetime
That is truly awesome! Not really a huge fan of Tron so much, but I've always really loved the style & colors of Tron stuff, so of course I love this, but also, it's really put together well & has the right contrast & it's minimal, without being too minimal, boring or oversimplified. It's a great skin!!!
Make it so, number one.

hiccup

The Tron Punk skin (that I once created under an old alias), has been updated.
The download link for this skin has been updated in the starting post of this topic.

Changed:
Under MusicBee v2.x it was not behaving very well with custom font types and sizes for the player info panel.
That should now have been vastly improved, and the skin is now also up to date for 'MusicBee v3demo'
(which is in development and in alpha stage at this moment of writing)

Please feel free to comment, be it good or bad.

hiccup

Update:

There are now two versions of this skin.

- A version for MusicBee v2.x, which is is final and won't be maintained anymore.

- An updated version for MusicBee v3.x only.

The download link is in the start post.

phred

• Global Moderator
What is the purpose of Tron Punk Unrecognized.xmlc which is in both versions?   And is it necessary?
If I rename the two skins to Tron Punk 2.x  and to Tron Punk 3.x and leave them in the 'dark' subfolder, will having just one Unrecognized along with them cause a problem?
Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 06:30:21 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here