Author Topic: Tron Punk skin  (Read 84982 times)

logscan122333

hey bro i can't edit the xmlc file so i'm stuck with the nature of the skin as you give it out

is there any way you can share the actual xml file?

https://i.imgur.com/YlDeUxx.png

i'm trying to edit the color of the "x tracks" text because it doesn't show up at all on monitors that have a certain alpha/gamma at a certain point (it's too dark on a black background) and obv its small too

phred

• Global Moderator
The xml will not look anything like the compiled xmlc file. The xmlc contains bitmapped images which aren't part of the xml.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

logscan122333

okay then OP i'd like to formally request that you change the "x tracks" color to something brighter

hiccup

i'm trying to edit the color of the "x tracks" text because it doesn't show up at all on monitors that have a certain alpha/gamma at a certain point (it's too dark on a black background) and obv its small too

I'm sorry, this cannot be changed or improved by editing the skin.

There are a couple of places where MusicBee automatically applies a lower contrast to texts.
It occurs in e.g. the Thumbnail Browser, Mini Player, Extended Panel, and a couple of other places.

Indeed for some skins the current amount of lowering the contrast will result in a bad readability of the text.
I am pretty sure in the past I posted some wishes and screenshots on the matter, so I am hoping perhaps this will be addressed some day.

Steven

• Administrator
That small text does use fg2 if its set. However if you do set that, I can't say with certainty whether fg2 is used elsewhere.
To localise fg2 usage you could also use the FilterPanel overrides eg. FilterPanel.ListHeader, FilterPanel.Default etc

hiccup

That small text does use fg2

Indeed. I stand corrected.
It looks like I may have not set the values for those elements manually for Tron Punk, so it now gets some auto-adjusted colour.

@logscan122333, I'll review the colour/brightness of those elements and will probably post an updated version tomorrow.

If there are things you would like to do yourself, check this:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=29815.0
Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 09:31:52 AM by hiccup

hiccup

I've updated the skin so the small text is a bit brighter now.
(the size is not adjustable by skinning)

hiccup

updated

Main changes:
- The Jukebox view is skinned.
- The readability/contrast of sub-text fields in 'Album and Tracks' view and in the Expanded Album panel is improved.

note: both these updates only function under MusicBee 3.4
(which is currently under development and in alpha release state)

hiccup

updated

improved the contrast/legibility of the text in the status bar

darkred

Greetings, hiccup

I have made this post 'Album Rating' and 'Love' icon not initially invisible when there's no rating.
I thought it's an issue of MusicBee itself, but it's actually theme-releated. Could you please check it?

P.S. Thank you so much for this theme! I love it! My top favorite!

hiccup

Thnx, the appreciation is appreciated.

Rating stars being displayed in a low–high contrast manner is consistent with how star ratings are displayed and function anywhere else in MusicBee.
And checking some other skins (including MB's default skin), all of them do this low/high contrast thingy to stars.

Having the low-contrast stars completely blend in (making them invisible) can result in not knowing the rating field is even there, not making it obvious that it can be edited.
So I don't think it would be a good idea if I would change that.

If you would like to change the colour/brightness of the rating stars, it's not too difficult to edit the skin to your liking though:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=29815.0

darkred

Thank you for replying.

I've also checked https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Skinning_Elements

I've tried a lot and the only thing I managed is to make the 'Album rating' in the main panel become initially invisible:
Code
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<root dependsOn="Tron Punk.xmlc">
<element id="Panel.StarRating.Default" fg="61,123,194" fg2="0,0,0" />
</root>
It works, but unfortunately only partially:
when I click to focus one of the rest albums in the main panel, the rating-stars element is not visible(dimmed):

( "Panel.StarRating.Highlight" and "Panel.StarRating.Lowlight" selectors both seem irrelevant, they only change the tracks in "Playing Tracks" element )

I also want the "Love icon" in the right panel to be initially invisible if it's not clicked.
So, I've tried adding "Panel.NotLovedIcon.Highlight" and "Panel.NotLovedIcon.Lowlight" but they both seem irrelevant: they affect only the highlighed track,
and there's no  "Panel.NotLovedIcon.Default" to try)

So, could you please help me?
Is there a selector for the rating-star of the focused album in main panel?
And, is there a selector for 'Love'  in the 'Playing Tracks' element in the right sidebar?
Or there is none?

hiccup

It works, but unfortunately only partially:
when I click to focus one of the rest albums in the main panel, the rating-stars element is not visible(dimmed):
I don't think I understand. (but that's probably me not being at my brightest)
To me it seems to do what you wanted? If an album has no rating, you see no stars.

When (for an album that has no rating, such as Space Ship One) you hover over the location where the star rating will be displayed, the alternate highlighted colour shows up to help you to set a rating.
What is problematic there?

About last.fm 'loved' icons:
Yeah, that is something not very straightforward indeed. At some locations you can set an rgb value for them, but at other locations that won't work because MB will use an icon that was integrated in the compiled skin that has a specific design and colour. Sometimes that colour can be overruled, sometimes not.
Simply said: if the trick with the colour picker on a 'loved' icon does not work, you are out of luck.

darkred

The problematic here is that when I click and focus another album with no rating, its rating element area remains completely black until I hover the star ratings:

I want it to work similar to 'Playing Tracks", in which when I click and focus another track with no rating, its rating element area becomes visible(dimmed),
and as I hover the star ratings, the hover color is different to that of the dimmed one.

hiccup

The problematic here is that when I click and focus another album with no rating, its rating element area remains completely black until I hover the star ratings:
Are you aware of a skin where it works like you are describing it here?
I think skinning has no powers over that.

You could create a wish on the wishlist board for a change in how MusicBee handles that?