Author Topic: Small Artwork View Request  (Read 17155 times)

Iasc

I like your mockup paq. I think an option to only show the album count when you mouse over an artist would satisfy people looking for simplicity.  Same way that "..." pops up now. I would prefer that myself.

This would be my preference as well.

redwing

I think an option to only show the album count when you mouse over an artist would satisfy people looking for simplicity.  Same way that "..." pops up now.

+1. Great idea! As long as I get an option to have clean pictures, I don't care how it's displayed.

jackuars

I think an option to only show the album count when you mouse over an artist would satisfy people looking for simplicity.  Same way that "..." pops up now.

+1. Great idea! As long as I get an option to have clean pictures, I don't care how it's displayed.

+1 to that again.......Although Steven's idea is good too

joejoe

+1

lnminente

I have noticed there is a hidden horizontal bar where the number of albums text is located. So moving from left to right it allows you to select an album. I had the idea of replacing the actual text with the year of every album, so you can select an album clicking in its year. Here a mockup with four or two digits:

EDIT: 600 posts :o

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P

and it seems such a short time ago I congratulated you on 500 posts!
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

lnminente

Iasc

I have noticed there is a hidden horizontal bar where the number of albums text is located. So moving from left to right it allows you to select an album. I had the idea of replacing the actual text with the year of every album, so you can select an album clicking in its year. Here a mockup with four or two digits:

that is the opposite of what the original request was, the whole point was to have less information so there is more room for the band name. the album list can already be brought up by clicking the button on the bottom right.
Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 03:20:57 PM by iasc

Steven

• Administrator
this probably wont keep everyone happy but i have added an option to not show the album count when grouping by artist, so saving 1 line per row.
When the display of album count is disabled, hovering over a picture will show the number of albums in what is currently the [...] box.
Clicking the box still opens a context menu where the indiviual albums can be selected as now

Iasc

brilliant. thanks for this steven, i thought this request had been forgotten.

Steven

• Administrator

Iasc

it seems there is still a bug with this steven. when choosing to not show the album count it removes the artist name as well and then get this error. i then have to use task manager to close music bee.

MusicBee v2.1.4767.37148 (Win6.2), 20 Jan 2013 11:20:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at #=qt0oGvjiX7ouredZKa1ubza_MKC5o0LhBDUGLiqLNElraw_euXP1SijCAnUPJAGhe.#=qNL85PRdLPFFBodWHoiLFVA==(Graphics #=qvqsBQJOPbs3m8RMyv1Fabw==, Point #=qt7yq372$FjHNGnER2xRarQ==, String #=qMxwCfMGGCTqEtB52nwtOIw==, String #=qstUijfwDg6wKA1QIaAJlfSijFbkX$DFKFR3xFMw$6co=, Boolean #=qEhGtTC9_MPUPUzWJs_1trQ==)
   at #=qnXCgyallKdyt4sL24grr0NKhS9XTuW4WUSOWnprpJ6c=.#=qqJQqSU2PwtFuPEK4bEOsrg==(Graphics #=q3a2EBpHpI970t83vPne5Vg==, #=qq5K1JWaF74rTJmBnUMKlhw== #=q0IfwxsqJBIb$ZMHGGSV$Rw==, Point #=qAFwQXO_tV03S1MPBeJjn7g==, Boolean #=q61rMC0MKVnIf6HEtYVDlQA==)
   at #=qnXCgyallKdyt4sL24grr0NKhS9XTuW4WUSOWnprpJ6c=.#=qd9m7JKSFBMTJcFQchFhs4g==(Graphics #=qTaL$5Ny0ztcYO6qpU1$4yw==, #=qq5K1JWaF74rTJmBnUMKlhw== #=qfseXo1kAhN93fxg1MDoSkw==, Int32 #=q1hYWNGf3uhlEYpNRIQ_8OQ==, Int32 #=q7txBL43duUolf7_CBOEP_g==, Boolean #=q7bzt4YldIJxA4xFG5k$YIw==)
   at #=qnXCgyallKdyt4sL24grr0NKhS9XTuW4WUSOWnprpJ6c=.#=qK$BwT2tj9jwG3wuLC5gk0$gUKLQGxRk8LgQwIpgrgQs=(Object #=qk59ClGncguQMv02Ji8_PCQ==, MouseEventArgs #=qKY913_gxgRoAAu42AsI8Qg==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=qAzryFI8AKHU2$r8i073wUD2qrvFbOyHbCG84pdQ9DNHv$jJVDhUQOvIu3D06S_f8.WndProc(Message& #=qDC5yQ0YBFLtfT3CQYPvn4w==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Steven

• Administrator