Author Topic: start the beginning of a track with 'previous' button  (Read 5735 times)

jistme

When you are playing a track, and want to play that same track from the beginning again while it is playing, you can not achive that with the player controls.
(The play button changed to pause functionality, and 'previous' does what it says ;-)

With cd players that also combine the play/pause button, there is often the behaviour that when you press 'previous' once, it will take you to the beginning of the current track, and when pressed twice it will go to the previous track.
I would like this for MB too.

lnminente

+1 Like it does in miniplayer (Had this idea in mind too Jistme :) )

paq

Thinking of it, isn't it a little bit strange that the behavior is different in the Main and the Mini player?

I would say this wish is the better solution since it doesn't "remove any functionality". However, I think I've gotten used to the current behavior so a setting for the "Previous button"-behavior, which affects all previous buttons/hotkeys, would be the best I think.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
+1     Have got used to just dragging the player bar back to the start, but this would be better
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Iasc

defiantly +1. hit once to to go back to the start of the track, twice to go to the previous track.

Steven

• Administrator
MB used to do that but somewhere along the way it seems that was removed. I have re-implemented this behavior.
If the current playback position is < 20 seconds then it skips to the previous track as now. Otherwise it replays from the start and clicking again will play the previous track

bledd

Hi,

Is there any way of making turning this off?

I'm a long time Winamp user, I'm used to having Previous/Next only without having back to start of track...