Author Topic: Two way music tag sync  (Read 2907 times)

paradoX

First, I'm extremely glad to have found MusicBee. It has met every one of my needs in a player. I just recently started using a different music player on my android device (powerAmp) and it allows for the editing of tags as well as music ratings. I would love to see the ability to sync changes made on a player like this (not just powerAmp as many players allow tag editing) that way when I'm on the go and notice bad tags and correct them, or rate a song, those changes are transferred to the song in the library.

I'm envisioning a list of tags to be synced and options like "always use tags from MusicBee library", "Always use tags from device", and "use newest tags". The "use newest tags" option would set the out of date tags to match the tags that had been most recently modified. I also think it would be a good idea to have an option to prompt  when songs in the library are changed, or to put them in a list so the changes could be reviewed. That way it could be automatic or it could require user approval.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
+1
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Anti

> I also think it would be a good idea to have an option to prompt  when songs in the library are changed,
> or to put them in a list so the changes could be reviewed. That way it could be automatic or it could
> require user approval.

That part may be related to a wishlist post I just made:
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=11063.0