Author Topic: Artist picture in the left bottom corner  (Read 7470 times)

Greb

Since MB can get artist pictures (as in artwork grouped by artist), why not giving the option to put this picture in the left bottom corner instead of the album artwork?

Something like that:

Iasc

ma_t14

+1

But I would definitely prefer an artist slideshow over a static image as iasc suggested in the other thread

Steven

• Administrator
i've added support for these in the bottom left navigator panel:
- Artist Picture
- Artist Photo Gallery

Artist pictures are generally set with aspect ratios for wide screens, so not always ideal. I could use the last.fm square pictures but they are only 126px in size so wouldnt look good.
I think the photo gallery works better, and have added a right click option to Slow (or Speed) the scrolling so its less distracting

I will post a link later

Iasc

Iasc

i have downloaded the patch and have been trying it but so far out the the 50 + artists i have played tracks by only with one artist has the option of artist picture been available when right clicking ( this artist has the artist picture embedded in the track, i dont know if that option has always been available).  i haven't seen the artist photo gallery option at all. i have had a look in preferences and haven't seen anything about this option there. is there something im missing or have not enabled.

thanks.
Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 02:18:21 PM by iasc

Steven

• Administrator
i have downloaded the patch and have been trying it but so far out the the 50 + artists i have played tracks by only with one artist has the option of artist picture been available when right clicking ( this artist has the artist picture embedded in the track, i dont know if that option has always been available).  i haven't seen the artist photo gallery option at all. i have had a look in preferences and haven't seen anything about this option there. is there something im missing or have not enabled.
It sounds to me like you havent enabled the new functionality - simply right click anywhere on the left navigator panel and choose "Show Artist Picture" or "Show Artist Photo Gallery". It will retrieve artist pictures from http://fanart.tv/ and http://www.htbackdrops.com for the single picture and from flickr for the gallery
Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 04:14:29 PM by Steven

Iasc

when i right click on the left navigator panel the only options are show now playing artwork and show library explorer.

Fenrus

Sorry for the long wind...
Normally I just load up MusicBee and select all artists and play all tracks randomly, gives me a good variety that way, so if I am not describing this correctly, a thousand pardons.

There is no missing Album Art in my library. In the "Now Playing Layout Configuration" > show track details panel > "Show Artwork above Fields" is selected.

Applied this patch, it worked but changed how something else worked. When loading MusicBee all the correct album art shows in the "Albums by Album Artist" but in the "Track Information" the Bee with the ? mark shows. Playing random tracks (or in any order) shows the same Bee icon.

Right clicking that icon shows that there is a check mark at Image One:Album Cover. Reselecting that returns the correct album art only for that track.
Looking at Albums by Album Artist shows Album Covers, when selecting single tracks the Bee icon shows again in Track Information. When right clicking the album, the correct album art shows in the "Track Information" then when selecting play now, the Bee icon comes back.
Double clicking the album in this view brings up the single album and associated tracks, when playing one of the tracks, the correct album art is displayed instead of the Bee but when returning to the previous display the album art is again lost.

Am thinking it is looking for an "Artist Picture" (since that is what the patch was for) in the track information and I do not have any artist pictures to show but I cannot seem to find where to turn this off in order to restore the "Album Art" to the individual tracks. I must be missing something.

Posting this so others can see what may happen if the patch is applied. It is really not a priority for me seeing "Album Artist" photos so my repair was to restore the MusicBee.exe and MusicBeeBass.dll from 2.0.4663 to get rid of the "Album Art" not showing in individual tracks problem.

Steven

• Administrator
this is a bug unrelated to the Artist picture change - i believe the bug is fixed now, and will be included in the next update