Author Topic: Bee78 "retro" skin  (Read 68472 times)

grottig

Thank you Bee-liever,

you don't know how happy I am with this skin - it's made for eternity!  :)

https://picload.org/view/dadiiill/be78.jpg.html
Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 09:21:12 AM by grottig

john wim

New here. I just make a mod from the source files from old Bee78 skin, but I want to add the progress bar feature from the latest Bee78 skin, I was working on that, but tbh, I had no clue. Can you help me on how the code and images can be?

redwing

I want to add the progress bar feature from the latest Bee78 skin, I was working on that, but tbh, I had no clue. Can you help me on how the code and images can be?

It's a new feature supported from v.3.1
See "track text over progress bar for bitmap skins" part in the middle: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=21851.0

john wim

It's a new feature supported from v.3.1
See "track text over progress bar for bitmap skins" part in the middle: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=21851.0

Thanks for the advice, got it to work after a couple of tries, thanks.

hbenthow

At least on my computer, there's a weird annoyance in the latest version of the Bee78 skin. Whenever I skip forward or backward in a track with the mouse pointer on the progress bar, it never skips to the place that I click on. Instead, it always skips nearly a centimeter to the left of where I click. This doesn't happen in any other skin (even the older versions of Bee78).

Does anyone know what could be causing this, and how to fix it?

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
At least on my computer, there's a weird annoyance in the latest version of the Bee78 skin. Whenever I skip forward or backward in a track with the mouse pointer on the progress bar, it never skips to the place that I click on. Instead, it always skips nearly a centimeter to the left of where I click. This doesn't happen in any other skin (even the older versions of Bee78).

Does anyone know what could be causing this, and how to fix it?
It's the result of how I overcame a problem with using .svg images for the progress bar infill.
I'm currently trying to fix this for the 3.2 final release.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Bee-liever

Thanks for the advice, got it to work after a couple of tries, thanks.

Really like what you've done!  :)
Please consider publishing this as a new skin.

hbenthow

It's the result of how I overcame a problem with using .svg images for the progress bar infill.
I'm currently trying to fix this for the 3.2 final release.

Does this mean that if you fix the problem in time, the fixed version of Bee78 will automatically be included with the next MusicBee update?

Bee-liever

Does this mean that if you fix the problem in time, the fixed version of Bee78 will automatically be included with the next MusicBee update?

Yes  :)

edit:
not in the patches.  usually in the full installer updates.
Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 11:45:35 PM by Bee-liever

hbenthow

not in the patches.  usually in the full installer updates.

I usually just automatically update through the patches. Would I have to manually install the new version of Bee78?

phred

• Global Moderator
Patches don't contain any skins. You'd have to either download 3.2 when it goes final or simply download the skin when it's fixed. Either way is painless. Download 3.2 and just install over your existing installation. Or just install the fixed skin over the old one.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hbenthow

Patches don't contain any skins. You'd have to either download 3.2 when it goes final or simply download the skin when it's fixed. Either way is painless. Download 3.2 and just install over your existing installation. Or just install the fixed skin over the old one.

I installed MusicBee through the Windows Store, so I'm not sure if I can perform a full reinstall without losing my settings.

Bee-liever

I have updated this skin for MB 3.2 testing.

I installed MusicBee through the Windows Store, so I'm not sure if I can perform a full reinstall without losing my settings.
My understanding is that Steven will release a 3.2 Windows Store version when 3.2 is in final release.

test-_-bot

Yes, this skin is the most pleasing of all the skins I tried, and I have used MB for years.  The retro/art-deco look is very cool, and colors are just so darn ideal.  Very good work, and thank you. 

stardepp

Since the last MusicBee update there is now a stop button for standard skins.
Will there be a stop button for the Skin Bee78? That would be great.