Author Topic: When will a new update be available?  (Read 3378 times)

WimYogya

Hi Steven,
I noticed there hasn't been an update in the last month. Most likely you are too busy.
I am using MB for about one month now. I am very very very enthousiastic.
Every day I am modifying and/or entering hundreds of tracks and alsmost anything I need/want to do is possible in MB.
It is very flexible, fast, stable and userfriendly.

The two features I really miss (one small, one complex) are:
Small: Let the S&R panel remember it's latest content and screen position. When doing a lot of cleaning up it is annoying that after every single action I have to grab the panel again from the far left corner and put it in the center of my screen, scroll to TITLE again (where I do most of the edits) and enter the S&R values again (which sometimes are just 1 character different from the previous edit).
Complex: Entering multiple artists in one field takes too much time. The autocompletion feature only recognizes the first one (including the whole chain of other artists used in a specific track). but every following artist (separated by the ; sign) is not autocompleted as if it is non-existant. Can you change that?

I don't want to push, I just want to let you know what would have MY priority. But others have their own desires and wishes, you make the priority lit. Thanks!
WimYogya
retired Dutchman (1944) in Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Steven

• Administrator
i have changed it so that the window location and last search field is remembered while MB is running, but will reset on restart
the auto-complete handling has been requested quite a few times but is not a straight-forward change and may not do it

phred

• Global Moderator
@WimYogya - Steven issues a patch just about every day or two.  The links are part of his reply to suggestions/questions/issues raised in the Wishlist section.  You can always find the latest patch by checking the link in the Wiki - http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Latest_Update.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
Check out the MusicBee Wiki.
How to post screenshots is here.

beeing good

WimYogya

@Steven
Thanks for fast service! Installed it and it works.
If I still may (but not urgent) suggest a further improvement: let S&R remember the latest Search and Replace VALUES as well. Quite often I have to make changes step by step, with minimal changes of the previous values. Example: if I want to change classical movements I., II., III. into 1., 2., 3. I need to start with III. > 3. first, then (similar) II. > 2., then I. > 1.

For the autocompletion feature: I am quite sure it is complex and difficult. But repeated requests show that at least a number of users would like it, so if you can EVER accomplish it: thanks!

@Phred
I used to look in General > Latest Beta and saw the latest post there was 23 Jan.
So I assumed there was no newer version since then.
WimYogya
retired Dutchman (1944) in Yogyakarta, Indonesia

phred

• Global Moderator
General > Latest Beta gives you exactly that - the latest officially released -beta.-
The patches are always more current than the betas, as they contain changes since the beta was released.  Sometimes the changes in the patch are bug fixes, most often they're changes in behavior (new features, improvements, etc.)
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
Check out the MusicBee Wiki.
How to post screenshots is here.