Author Topic: Theater Mode suggestions  (Read 24238 times)

Greb

Not working for me.

And besides, the windows size is a bit smaller than should be  ???

Steven

• Administrator
Not working for me.
the sizing? playing the next track?
If its playing the next track i have no problems with the latest .exe and your xml file so you would need to give me a description of what you are doing

the setting applies to the entire musicbee window - i might change it to account for that so the panel itself becomes the fixed size. Are you talking about 16px
Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 06:40:59 AM by Steven

Greb

For example, if I play any track, when reaching the end of the track this window pops up:

No way to keep playing until I get out from the theater mode.

Using the Main player view or using the same theater mode without the fixed size settings works OK [I tried].

Steven

• Administrator
is there anything in the error log?
It works fine for me so it looks like i will need to give you a debug version which i can do tomorrow

Greb

Here it is:

30/11/2012 6:48:40 - 6.1.7601.65536 - 2.1.4716.33636 - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   at #=qZ8yeV6WTglxnMPU21BlRrjuUixvnt4Co7ywxMD6KyS9LGZX62hMq8kioYkVnhKwe.#=qTaUnGd3Ghkz5FdwtTtNnjw==(Delegate #=qyB2jfIABFKZkJFuLw_fuww==, Object[] #=qhdAJ77aUqiVxNtr1uZ382w==)
   at #=qtJxDcxmyM9hHvPvU5HO$zaPij2l2AxzWMMWhPjP6olk=.#=qoANbhH2atIr0d9hHu8UB07UjRHULyPxbAGltnKg31WU=(Boolean #=qUj1e8u$ggOqMMC846RfaCsYwz5jnw0M_J7kjceZizCc=)
   at #=qtJxDcxmyM9hHvPvU5HO$zaPij2l2AxzWMMWhPjP6olk=.#=qW$V1gNeJjkSvVR6qLlZVTFfv5N6iXBe008ieb72hUac=(Boolean #=qKz$3ker$Kbge$l_QqdlxETVTd5mSaRXz7c_VBVBptKk=)
   at #=qJWdiUuJ2w$pceHbBW5mRYuQXEz5fc40vLAmM0_nGPPg=.#=qnXxCKwJ_J0SiEEThbkiLt$qxNKDJ1zYuTb8Ey3evp3c=(Boolean #=quqV6m4asVjJkQOBqIIDouNyvIyInh_GP3rTK7f9HAoE=, Boolean #=qckB1$rY8op3LD7YCZmp8m$uoSsNSiaMYJKKbb8mRxs0=)

30/11/2012 7:56:07 - 6.1.7601.65536 - 2.1.4716.33636 - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   at #=qZ8yeV6WTglxnMPU21BlRrjuUixvnt4Co7ywxMD6KyS9LGZX62hMq8kioYkVnhKwe.#=qTaUnGd3Ghkz5FdwtTtNnjw==(Delegate #=qyB2jfIABFKZkJFuLw_fuww==, Object[] #=qhdAJ77aUqiVxNtr1uZ382w==)
   at #=qtJxDcxmyM9hHvPvU5HO$zaPij2l2AxzWMMWhPjP6olk=.#=qoANbhH2atIr0d9hHu8UB07UjRHULyPxbAGltnKg31WU=(Boolean #=qUj1e8u$ggOqMMC846RfaCsYwz5jnw0M_J7kjceZizCc=)
   at #=qtJxDcxmyM9hHvPvU5HO$zaPij2l2AxzWMMWhPjP6olk=.#=qW$V1gNeJjkSvVR6qLlZVTFfv5N6iXBe008ieb72hUac=(Boolean #=qKz$3ker$Kbge$l_QqdlxETVTd5mSaRXz7c_VBVBptKk=)
   at #=qJWdiUuJ2w$pceHbBW5mRYuQXEz5fc40vLAmM0_nGPPg=.#=qnXxCKwJ_J0SiEEThbkiLt$qxNKDJ1zYuTb8Ey3evp3c=(Boolean #=quqV6m4asVjJkQOBqIIDouNyvIyInh_GP3rTK7f9HAoE=, Boolean #=qckB1$rY8op3LD7YCZmp8m$uoSsNSiaMYJKKbb8mRxs0=)

Greb

By the way, much easier to handle if the size corresponds to panel, not to whole window!  :)

Steven

• Administrator
i have changed it so the fixedWidth and Height set the panel.
Also if you have "playback follows cursor" enabled in the Now Playing preferences then the bug is fixed. If you dont have that setting could you post a screenshot of your Now Playing preferences.

I will make a new version available tomorrow

Greb

No need to further search. It was that. I had this option checked. I unchecked it and no problem.

Greb

By the way, Steven, would be it possible to give the option to composed fields to be multiline?

Steven

• Administrator
By the way, Steven, would be it possible to give the option to composed fields to be multiline?
i dont know what you mean by composed

Greb

Like, for example:

<element type="Field" xAnchor="Panel.Left" x="165" yAnchor="Panel.Top" y="390" width="520"   align="left" font="KG Shadow of the Day" style="Regular" size="14" fg="15,15,115"  >
  <child>the track lasts </child>
  <child id="Duration" ></child>
  <child> and it's the </child>
  <child id="TrackNo" ></child>
  <child>th one</child>
</element>

(Of course, that includes the 'normal' fields too}

Steven

• Administrator
this has the fix for the Now Playing setting and the tweaked behavior for the fixed panel sizing
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_1/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

Clownmite

Steven, thanks for implementing these suggestions!

oracio

Hi Steven,

I thought to add to this thread few other suggestions regarding the great Theater Mode you have created.

1. It would be great to be able to have the "aspectRatio" property when setting background images through the "settings" tag.
So if I put in my rotation folder, images with different aspect ratios they won't squeeze and stretch, just like with the "Gallery" element.

2. I have special tags that I have set to my songs, which I use to write long text, just like in the Comments tag. It could be great to have a property that tells a "Field" tag to be multiline / textbox which you can set its height and width, and the text will break by the size you have set, and if it is too long it will add a scroll bar - just like the "ArtistInfo" and "Lyrics" elements, but it will be optional to the "Field" tag.

3. There are some Theater Mode skins that have a list of songs that are coming next. It could be great if there will be a way to set it easily so this list of songs will be active and clickable so by clicking them MB will play the corresponding song.

Thanks again for a great product and features!

Steven

• Administrator
the 3 items have been done
1:
  <settings backgroundAspectRatio="keep" />
or any of the other ratios
also to set the fill colour
  <settings backgroundFillColor="0,0,0" />

2:
multiLine="true" and set the width and height
Code
<element type="Field" id="Comment" xAnchor="AlbumCover.Right" x="30" yAnchor="AlbumCover.Top" y="-3" xwidthDock="X:Panel.Right" xwidth="-300" width="120" height="100" multiLine="true" font="Arial" style="Bold" size="12" fg="250,250,250" ></element>

3:
onClick="PlayNow" will use the element index
Code
<element type="Field" id="Tracks[2]" xAnchor="Panel.Right" x="-260" yAnchor="Tracks[1].Top" y="60" width="250" font="Arial" style="Regular" size="9.75" fg="180,180,180" onClick="PlayNow">
  <child id="Artist" />
</element>

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_1/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip
Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 08:54:09 PM by Steven